BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Automated or Quiet Uninstall for Achicad 11?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used the Archicad 11 installer to create a custom installation package which is great as I need to allocate it to over 100 machines which with installs of this size we use SMS. The issue I have is that I cannot find any reference on how to get the installer to quietly remove the software without user intervention and in an environment like our is essential that we don’t have to visit 100 machines to uninstall the product when it needs to be used elsewhere or needs to be upgraded.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
This only makes reference to installing not uninstalling? Unless I'm being stupid.

I need to be able to uninstall Archicad by running a command that is loaded to SMS or psexec which you have suggested for remote installs that UNINSTALLS the product without the need for any user intervention
TomWaltz
Participant
Oh! <smacking my own forehead>

Sorry, I mis-read what you wrote. No, I don't know of a way to remove the software that easily.

Are you using any kind of network workstation management software?

Are you actually trying to remove Archicad 11 from the machines? If so, why? Do you need the disk space back?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I work for a large college with 2000 machines so software needs to be regularily moved to different classrooms for teaching requirements or when new versions arrive I need to be able to uinstall and then install new versions without having to visit 100+ machines.

Unlike most companies that use MSI installers which are flexible and easily scripted for custom installs and uninstalls Graphisoft have used a non standard installer which means we will have to repackage the install into an MSI which can be very time consuming.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!