BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Bad installation after system restore need to uninstall AC14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I installed AC14 on my computer 2 nights ago and after doing that had
to do a system restore. When I tried to install AC14 again the installer gave me a warning that I would need to choose a different destination folder because archicad was already in the program files folder.
I quit the installation and upon further investigation found that the AC14
folder was in the program files folder, but it is not in the add/remove programs, or the start menu programs list. There is also a Wibu folder that was created and who knows about the registry.
I looked for a un-install exe on the disk but could not find one.
I am just brining this computer back to life after a complete hard disk melt down (all new hard disks) would prefer not to have a fragmented AC14 installation on the drives.
Does anyone know how to completely remove all of these folders and registry entries from my system before I do a clean reinstall of AC14?

Best,

Jon
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Just delete them.
If you don't have 14 on your machine it won't do any harm - you are going to re-install it anyway.
It is really just the program folder you need to delete as Archicad won't install into a folder that already exists.
It will replace all the other bits if you don't delete them.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry.

I found the solution on archicadwiki.
14 is now installed correctly! I was hoping to be able to export my keyboard shortcuts into 15 as I lost my work environment settings with
the hard drives that failed.
It actually turned out to be an easy task to redo them though.
I was able to get back to work yesterday after 11 days without a machine. Now that this one has all new hard drives and seems to be working fine I'm going to bite the bullet and go ahead and spring for the upgrade to
17 from 15.
Just hope this machine is up to the task?

Best,

Jon

Barry wrote:
Just delete them.
If you don't have 14 on your machine it won't do any harm - you are going to re-install it anyway.
It is really just the program folder you need to delete as Archicad won't install into a folder that already exists.
It will replace all the other bits if you don't delete them.
Barry.
Learn and get certified!