BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Bug: Ctrl+Shift+S (Save As) don't work in multiple windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ctrl+Shift+S (Save As) don't work in multiple windows

How to reproduce:
1. Open several instances of ArchiCAD;
2. Open different files in each of the instance;
3. Press Ctrl+Shift+S. Shortcut Ctrl+Shift+S works only in one instance. Other instances ignore it and nothing happens.

PC: ArchiCAD 16 RUS, Windows 8 Pro, i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz [4 core(s) x64], 8GB

Please try to reproduce this bug and help me to find way for solving my problem.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
So you mean that only the front-most window reacts to the command and the others don't, and that to close four files you need to enact the command four times?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
So you mean that only the front-most window reacts to the command and the others don't, and that to close four files you need to enact the command four times?
Not front-most. First opened ArchiCAD reacts to Ctrl+Shift+S, but when I switch to another one, another instanse of ArchiCAD doesn't react to this shortcut.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
WondeRu wrote:
Not front-most. First opened ArchiCAD reacts to Ctrl+Shift+S, but when I switch to another one, another instanse of ArchiCAD doesn't react to this shortcut.
WonderRu, we have tested this here at GRAPHISOFT, but so far we were unable to reproduce the issue.

A couple of questions to see what might be the difference between our setups:
- Which build of ArchiCAD do you use? Do you have the 2nd hotfix - build 3270 installed? Help menu, Licensing information or check for updates.
- Usually how do you open plans? E.g. drag and drop the file to the taskbar icon, file open, open recent etc?
- Do you experience this with all files? Please try to open two ArchiCAD instances side by side loading the factory ArchiCAD template. Do you have the same issue even in this case?

Thanks,
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Learn and get certified!