Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Bug / R11 Build 1040 / Sections becomes transparent

Anonymous
Not applicable
SUMMARY
Having installed the last hotfix, 1040, my sections become transparent (and useless). I'm talking about all walls etc.
DESCRIPTION
…. (se above)
If anyone can reproduce, this is a bug.
I have R11 w/ hotfix 1033 on another PC. No problem there
REPRODUCE
Try this:
- Install hotfix 1040
- Open a section.
- Rebuild from model (if not Auto-rebuild)

Håkon Alm
ArchiCAD 10 INT (1188) Win XP sp2
ArchiCAD 11 INT (1040) Win XP sp2
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 / ATI Radeon X1950 / Dual LCD screens HP 30" + Dell 24" LCD
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is how it looks

Håkon Alm
2007n001.jpg
Karl Ottenstein
First trouble-shooting questions:

What graphics card is in the machine that does not work? vs in the machine that works? Or, are both the Radeon X1950?

Have you checked on the machine that does not work to see if there is a newer display driver available from the manufacturer?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
This bug is probably somehow related to Cadimage Door and Window builder for AC11. (DW)
I have uninstalled and then reinstalled AC11 + hotfix 1033 + 1040.
Sections are (was) then back to normal.

After reinstalling Door and Window builder for AC11 section are again transparent. Then I tried removing the apx-files and all DW windows/doors from the project (file) but section are still transparent!!! .... another reinstall?

H. Alm
gpowless
Advocate
I've had the same problem with AC 10. In order to restore the sections (and in some cases elevation views) I have to "bump" the section line by 1/8". Then it regenerates a new section. However, it often returns and I have to repeat the fix a number of times.

I never thought of it being Door Builder. I may have to dump that add-on altogether since it never seems to work right anyway.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Anonymous
Not applicable
gpowless wrote:
........ I may have to dump that add-on altogether since it never seems to work right anyway.
Addons, Addons, Addons. shish!
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are aware that ArchiCAD is having some problems generating 3D and Section views on some computers. We don't know what's causing this, but we have contacted Graphisoft about it. We will keep you posted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
gpowless wrote:
I've had the same problem with AC 10. In order to restore the sections (and in some cases elevation views) I have to "bump" the section line by 1/8". Then it regenerates a new section. However, it often returns and I have to repeat the fix a number of times.

I never thought of it being Door Builder. I may have to dump that add-on altogether since it never seems to work right anyway.
We would be very happy to help you. Please drop us an email at customercare@cadimagetools.com.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadimage wrote:
We are aware that ArchiCAD is having some problems generating 3D and Section views on some computers. We don't know what's causing this, but we have contacted Graphisoft about it. We will keep you posted.
Any progress??
My sections and elevations are still useless!
David Shorter
Advisor
You could be a long way from the origin or it may be that you have something which is miles away from the rest of the model making the 3D bounding box very large
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone