Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Bug with pet palette when editing mesh

Jeff Kogut
Booster
In 17 now when editing a mesh if I need to move a node on my mesh this works fine until I then click on the 'Elevate Mesh Point' button on the pet palette. I am then stuck in the 'Mesh Point Height' sub-dialogue to edit the Z coordinate. I cannot then get back to the normal mesh editing pet palette to move a node or other operations.

Hitting OK, Cancel, ESC, etc. closes this sub-dialogue and then quickly closes the pet palette. Opening it again pulls up the 'Mesh Point Height' sub-dialogue again and I am stuck in the loop. The pet palette is there but cannot be picked until the 'Mesh Point Height' box is closed, which closes the pet palette.

So far the only solution I have is to close Archicad and open it again. This resets to the standard pet palette so that I can move a node, etc. Once I then go in to 'Elevate Mesh Point' I am stuck again until I restart Archicad.

This is with Archicad 17 with all the latest updates, on Windows 7, and has been verified with 3 other users in our office. We didn't have this issue with version 16.
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
9 REPLIES 9
Ted Taylor
Contributor
It is a known bug that they are working on. partial response from tech support

"This bug has been reported to HQ. Another workaround is to select a perimeter point on the mesh and this will shake loose the stuck dialog."

Also switching to 3d window and back will unstick it for a bit.
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Thanks!
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
KenMcN
Contributor
Ted wrote:
It is a known bug that they are working on. partial response from tech support

"This bug has been reported to HQ. Another workaround is to select a perimeter point on the mesh and this will shake loose the stuck dialog."

Also switching to 3d window and back will unstick it for a bit.
Same bug is also on the Mac (v17 5005), really annoying, and I couldn't get the workarounds to work, had to do the editing in the 3d window.

Hope this gets fixed soon, seems pretty fundamental to be able to edit meshes.
V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
KenMcN wrote:
Please find here a short article about this topic with a workaround hint: http://archicadwiki.com/Troubleshooting/ElevateMeshPointHeight

We will try to fix this for the next AC 17 hotfix.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton wrote:
KenMcN wrote:
Please find here a short article about this topic with a workaround hint: http://archicadwiki.com/Troubleshooting/ElevateMeshPointHeight

We will try to fix this for the next AC 17 hotfix.

Marton
this bug is still here even with new hotfix 5019.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
mzex wrote:
this bug is still here even with new hotfix 5019.
Fixed here.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
well in international version it does not work.
Eduardo Rolon
It is not fixed on the current USA version that is why they wrote the workaround in the Wiki.

Also they indicate that they will fix it in an upcoming Hotfix which is not 5019.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
mzex wrote:
well in international version it does not work.
My mistake, I was thinking of:
160814 EDIT: When heights of hotspots of mesh were edited one after the other the last used command were not retained by Pet Palette.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14