Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Buying Archicad Licence online

kkmac
Contributor

Hi. Has anyone bought licences through the Graphisoft online shop?

accounts.Graphisoft.com/shop

At first glance, prices aren't at the same level across different countries. Does that mean I can go to whichever is the cheapest? At the end of the day, it is just a downloadable soft-key that will work anywhere, right?

Since ARCHICAD 20
 macOS
10 REPLIES 10
Miha_M
Advisor

I have a GS ID but can't login into this shop. Does across different countries mean different localization versions? Do you want such a localized version?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Is this a new thing? I can login using my GS ID (company admin). And looks like I am able to buy and manage monthly/annually subscriptions for AC, AC+BIMcloud and BIMcloud.

Under Licenses I can see a list of expired licenses which seem to originate from rentals from local distributor. I can also see a Wibu license for AC 8 which my company had. However, I cannot see my current perpetual license and SSA for AC 25.

Such fragmentation is of course unacceptable. Logged in as a company admin I expect a full and clear overview of any and all licenses and subscriptions associated with the company.

And when trying to access the License Pool over graphisoftid.Graphisoft.com or account.Graphisoft.com I get redirected to this new store site.

Interesting. It's the opposite for me. I can't log into that shop (Ooops - something went wrong...) and get redirected to GraphisoftID > Login.

There are most likely some geo-blocking rules at work here.

Update: today I tried logging in again and it works. 

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Karl Ottenstein

Thanks for sharing this - news to me.  I was able to log on and view my details.  Perhaps the geo-blocking that Miha_M experienced is due to the data for all countries not being rolled out yet - since Graphisoft hasn't officially told us about this site?  Just guessing.

It's interesting that the site shows an old WIBU key for me, which was exchanged many years ago for a Codemeter key.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
kkmac
Contributor

I'm surprised that you all (moderators & experts) weren't informed about this. It is not exactly hidden either.

This is the path I took to end up at the site: Graphisoft.com > "Buy Now" button on the top right of page > "Buy now from the Graphisoft Store"

I wonder what the local distributors would think about this?

Since ARCHICAD 20
 macOS
Lingwisyer
Guru

Other than "Moderator" and "Graphisoft", everyone else's title is just a label based on how many posts(?) that user has made.

On the note of pricing between localisations, someone from CI mentioned once that we could buy AC through our Indonesian office if we were ok with using the INT version to save money. I would have figured that digital stores with regional pricing would geolock or require the provision of a local billing address.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

I'm trying to purchase another BIMcloud SaaS license this week. I purchased a license last week without any problems, and now this week cannot. I click Buy Now and get another login prompt, upon entering credentials it simply says my username or password is incorrect.

I need more licenses urgently so how does Graphisoft propose we do this if we can no longer buy more? And I've tried my local reseller but they say they don't supply the SaaS licenses. Any help greatfully appreciated!

Michael

The Buy Now button used to go to a list of distributors.  In the US, we cannot see the site that you see for graphisoft.com, much less the Buy Now button.   Apparently, we are shown a different web site based on our IP address. Our Buy link goes to a page to contact our local distributor or to request a callback.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB