Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

CM Container missing on codemeter key - please advise

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings,
I stumbled across codemeter update and now I cant run Archicad besides in demo.
Please advise.
24 REPLIES 24
Barry Kelly
Did you by chance update the drivers without removing the key?
If so, remove it and restart your machine.
Then plug it back in and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, try running the License Manager with the key plugged in.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx Mr. Barry Kelly I have tried that and now again however ...
Barry Kelly
Do you have a physical codemeter key or a software license?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Karl Ottenstein
Just another input... If you really do have a physical silver code meter USB key plug, as Barry asked, then do unplug it, if a single license, then uninstall the current Codemeter driver and install the officially supported Graphisoft version 6.60a from this page:
http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/protection_key.html

Reboot your machine. Then plug the physical key plug into a USB port again. Give it a few seconds. Finally launch ARCHICAD.

Note on that page: if any licenses have been borrowed over your network from your key plug, they must be returned before uninstalling the CM driver.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, codemeter driver 6.60 is installed, and yes I do have my personal physical silver code meter USB key plug however I am missing cm container from the codemeter and can run archicad in demo only.
Barry Kelly
If you have a physical key you do not need to sign in with the licence manager.
Just plug the key in and it should be recognised.
If it isn't then there may be a problem with your USB port - try another one?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope that's not it. Is there a way to transfer this issue under other board index title as this is not really and or most likely not a hardware issue.
Barry Kelly
So what happens when you plug the key in and run License Manager without trying to sign-in?
This is what I see when I do it.
If you don't see anything then I am still thinking that it is a bad USB port (so try another one or try another machine if you can) or maybe something has gone bad with the key (it can happen).
If you have access to any other machine that has the Licence Manager software on it you can check it there.
Or see if you can just run Archicad using that key on another machine.
That will tell you if it is a problem with the key or not.

Do you have a support agreement with you local distributor?
That would be the best (and I would hope fastest) way to resolve this.

Or completely remove Archicad, codemeter and License manager.
Then reinstall Archicad and it will reinstall everything you need.
I am pretty sure the latest version of Archicad will install the License Manager as part of it (it definitely installs the codemeter drivers).

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Running on fumes I stumble upon update service which robes me of my CM container without any wrongdoing on my part being forced through more stress, pain and discomfort to get a piece of software that actually does not cost Graphisoft a single cent (CM container). I have contacted WIBU and information I got from them is "This seems to be a Proxy issue regarding the special Graphisoft updater" & "They host their own Webupdate solution". I am being ignored by Graphisofts representative, my distributor that is suppose to provide authentication key so I can access and redownload missing cm container. I have no support since I am using Archicad 17. Software I own already is being held hostage by Graphisoft "option" of service. It is wise to reconsider fully this policy. It’s not FAIR to someone who invested comparatively substantial sum of time, sweat and money in a piece of software like this to be left hanging by the tread if he decide not to go with the service option. What should be and is advertised as just an option but like this Graphisoft seem to force service on their customers in a very wrong way. Imagine not only that but now all the projects I have done through the years are now greatly held hostage too. I have given all the time, benefit of the doubt and following timely chain of command tried to reach out above the person in charge of distributing in my country and I feel that I am put in very ungrateful position to have to address this publicly as here.