Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

CM Container missing on codemeter key - please advise

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings,
I stumbled across codemeter update and now I cant run Archicad besides in demo.
Please advise.
24 REPLIES 24
Barry Kelly
I am sorry you are not getting adequate support from your distributor.
I can understand they no longer support version 17, but you would think they would be interested in helping with the license in the hope that you may want to upgrade in the future.

I don't think the problem is with Archicad itself but obviously something has gone wrong with the Codemeter update.

I would try to install the latest License Manager tool (remove your key before doing so).
This will install the necessary codemeter drivers.

https://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/licensing/help/INT/pc.html

Or another option is can you restore your system to a few days ago before you did the update.
You should be able to access system restore from your control panel.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx for trying to help however I have tried numerous things and that recommendation too. Restoring system is not an option. I am somewhat computer savy since I am enthusiast for quite some time. I do not understand Graphisoft either as this is very bad advertisement for them unless they do the right thing, and fast.
Karl Ottenstein
andrejpapesa wrote:
Thx for trying to help however I have tried numerous things and that recommendation too. Restoring system is not an option. I am somewhat computer savy since I am enthusiast for quite some time. I do not understand Graphisoft either as this is very bad advertisement for them unless they do the right thing, and fast.
Your profile says you are in Croatia... and 3Dart in Rijeka is one of the best, knowledgeable, friendly resellers in the world. Have you been in touch with them for support?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I definitely do not like this; I am sorry to say yes they are my distributor, yes I have numerous times tried to reason with and no that is not my experience. What is your opinion guys, should YOUR copy of software depend on OPTIONAL service as in this case?

On the other hand - Here, connect;
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andreypape%C5%A1a%E2%9C%B0%E2%9C%B0%E2%9C%B0/detail/recent-activity/shar...

I would love to hear your honest, well intended opinions on numerous subjects.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a photo of my CM key
Barry Kelly
Do you have access to any other machines with Archicad installed?
If so try the key on that machine.
If it doesn't work there, then you know it is a problem with the key.
If it does work, I still think it may be a problem with the USB port on your machine.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx , but I am quite sure that's not an issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Request to moderators, would you open a new title "BOOK OF COMPLAINS" and transfer this issue there as by now we are sure that's an issue at hand even if otherwise.
" What is your opinion guys, should YOUR copy of software depend on OPTIONAL service as in this case? "

Any of you dear colleagues see to say something?
Karl Ottenstein
Actually, what we moderators will do is remove you (ban) from this forum if you keep posting complaints about a topic that should be solved by working directly with technical support. For readers of this thread, I have already deleted several posts by andrejpapesa that were spurious.

This is not censorship. You have made your opinion known, have not sought help through the proper channels, and are now being distracting on these forums. If you leave things as they are, you are welcome to stay and ask and answer other questions.

You have never clarified what you mean by 'optional service'. It is a meaningless term to most of us, so I don't know what kind of response you expect. Please contact your technical support and let this topic die.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please let me know in detail which posts is the word about since just recently I got apologize on this forum for my post being wrongly pointed in such manner. I have no Spurious intent and I have sought help through the proper channels even in a timely manner giving more than benefit of the doubt. If you will I will clarify "optional";

Since I bought Archicad I own a copy of software and now I can not run it. And that's since I stumbled upon Graphisofts update service which robes me of my CM container without any wrongdoing on my part being forced through more stress, pain and discomfort to get a piece of software that actually does not cost Graphisoft a single cent. It is wise to reconsider fully this policy. It’s not FAIR to someone who invested comparatively substantial sum of time, sweat and money in a piece of software like this to be left hanging by the tread if he even just decide not to go with the service option at first place. What should be and is advertised as just an option but like this Graphisoft seem to force service on us customers in a very wrong way.
Also what it means, in between everything else, that not only I cant work with hardly earned software but all my years of projects are now greatly in custody of service which is advertised as not mandatory.
If you persist with attitude from your last comment that is not only censorship but very bad kind of.