cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CM Container missing on codemeter key - please advise

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings,
I stumbled across codemeter update and now I cant run Archicad besides in demo.
Please advise.
24 REPLIES 24

Barry Kelly
Did you by chance update the drivers without removing the key?
If so, remove it and restart your machine.
Then plug it back in and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, try running the License Manager with the key plugged in.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx Mr. Barry Kelly I have tried that and now again however ...

Barry Kelly
Do you have a physical codemeter key or a software license?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Karl Ottenstein
Just another input... If you really do have a physical silver code meter USB key plug, as Barry asked, then do unplug it, if a single license, then uninstall the current Codemeter driver and install the officially supported Graphisoft version 6.60a from this page:
http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/protection_key.html

Reboot your machine. Then plug the physical key plug into a USB port again. Give it a few seconds. Finally launch ARCHICAD.

Note on that page: if any licenses have been borrowed over your network from your key plug, they must be returned before uninstalling the CM driver.
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.2, iMac Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, codemeter driver 6.60 is installed, and yes I do have my personal physical silver code meter USB key plug however I am missing cm container from the codemeter and can run archicad in demo only.

Barry Kelly
If you have a physical key you do not need to sign in with the licence manager.
Just plug the key in and it should be recognised.
If it isn't then there may be a problem with your USB port - try another one?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope that's not it. Is there a way to transfer this issue under other board index title as this is not really and or most likely not a hardware issue.

Barry Kelly
So what happens when you plug the key in and run License Manager without trying to sign-in?
This is what I see when I do it.
If you don't see anything then I am still thinking that it is a bad USB port (so try another one or try another machine if you can) or maybe something has gone bad with the key (it can happen).
If you have access to any other machine that has the Licence Manager software on it you can check it there.
Or see if you can just run Archicad using that key on another machine.
That will tell you if it is a problem with the key or not.

Do you have a support agreement with you local distributor?
That would be the best (and I would hope fastest) way to resolve this.

Or completely remove Archicad, codemeter and License manager.
Then reinstall Archicad and it will reinstall everything you need.
I am pretty sure the latest version of Archicad will install the License Manager as part of it (it definitely installs the codemeter drivers).

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Running on fumes I stumble upon update service which robes me of my CM container without any wrongdoing on my part being forced through more stress, pain and discomfort to get a piece of software that actually does not cost Graphisoft a single cent (CM container). I have contacted WIBU and information I got from them is "This seems to be a Proxy issue regarding the special Graphisoft updater" & "They host their own Webupdate solution". I am being ignored by Graphisofts representative, my distributor that is suppose to provide authentication key so I can access and redownload missing cm container. I have no support since I am using Archicad 17. Software I own already is being held hostage by Graphisoft "option" of service. It is wise to reconsider fully this policy. It’s not FAIR to someone who invested comparatively substantial sum of time, sweat and money in a piece of software like this to be left hanging by the tread if he decide not to go with the service option. What should be and is advertised as just an option but like this Graphisoft seem to force service on their customers in a very wrong way. Imagine not only that but now all the projects I have done through the years are now greatly held hostage too. I have given all the time, benefit of the doubt and following timely chain of command tried to reach out above the person in charge of distributing in my country and I feel that I am put in very ungrateful position to have to address this publicly as here.

Barry Kelly
I am sorry you are not getting adequate support from your distributor.
I can understand they no longer support version 17, but you would think they would be interested in helping with the license in the hope that you may want to upgrade in the future.

I don't think the problem is with Archicad itself but obviously something has gone wrong with the Codemeter update.

I would try to install the latest License Manager tool (remove your key before doing so).
This will install the necessary codemeter drivers.

https://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/licensing/help/INT/pc.html

Or another option is can you restore your system to a few days ago before you did the update.
You should be able to access system restore from your control panel.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx for trying to help however I have tried numerous things and that recommendation too. Restoring system is not an option. I am somewhat computer savy since I am enthusiast for quite some time. I do not understand Graphisoft either as this is very bad advertisement for them unless they do the right thing, and fast.

Karl Ottenstein
andrejpapesa wrote:
Thx for trying to help however I have tried numerous things and that recommendation too. Restoring system is not an option. I am somewhat computer savy since I am enthusiast for quite some time. I do not understand Graphisoft either as this is very bad advertisement for them unless they do the right thing, and fast.
Your profile says you are in Croatia... and 3Dart in Rijeka is one of the best, knowledgeable, friendly resellers in the world. Have you been in touch with them for support?
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.2, iMac Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
I definitely do not like this; I am sorry to say yes they are my distributor, yes I have numerous times tried to reason with and no that is not my experience. What is your opinion guys, should YOUR copy of software depend on OPTIONAL service as in this case?

On the other hand - Here, connect;
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andreypape%C5%A1a%E2%9C%B0%E2%9C%B0%E2%9C%B0/detail/recent-activity/shar...

I would love to hear your honest, well intended opinions on numerous subjects.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a photo of my CM key

Barry Kelly
Do you have access to any other machines with Archicad installed?
If so try the key on that machine.
If it doesn't work there, then you know it is a problem with the key.
If it does work, I still think it may be a problem with the USB port on your machine.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx , but I am quite sure that's not an issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Request to moderators, would you open a new title "BOOK OF COMPLAINS" and transfer this issue there as by now we are sure that's an issue at hand even if otherwise.
" What is your opinion guys, should YOUR copy of software depend on OPTIONAL service as in this case? "

Any of you dear colleagues see to say something?

Karl Ottenstein
Actually, what we moderators will do is remove you (ban) from this forum if you keep posting complaints about a topic that should be solved by working directly with technical support. For readers of this thread, I have already deleted several posts by andrejpapesa that were spurious.

This is not censorship. You have made your opinion known, have not sought help through the proper channels, and are now being distracting on these forums. If you leave things as they are, you are welcome to stay and ask and answer other questions.

You have never clarified what you mean by 'optional service'. It is a meaningless term to most of us, so I don't know what kind of response you expect. Please contact your technical support and let this topic die.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please let me know in detail which posts is the word about since just recently I got apologize on this forum for my post being wrongly pointed in such manner. I have no Spurious intent and I have sought help through the proper channels even in a timely manner giving more than benefit of the doubt. If you will I will clarify "optional";

Since I bought Archicad I own a copy of software and now I can not run it. And that's since I stumbled upon Graphisofts update service which robes me of my CM container without any wrongdoing on my part being forced through more stress, pain and discomfort to get a piece of software that actually does not cost Graphisoft a single cent. It is wise to reconsider fully this policy. It’s not FAIR to someone who invested comparatively substantial sum of time, sweat and money in a piece of software like this to be left hanging by the tread if he even just decide not to go with the service option at first place. What should be and is advertised as just an option but like this Graphisoft seem to force service on us customers in a very wrong way.
Also what it means, in between everything else, that not only I cant work with hardly earned software but all my years of projects are now greatly in custody of service which is advertised as not mandatory.
If you persist with attitude from your last comment that is not only censorship but very bad kind of.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!