BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cadimage Accessories Tools

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Using the Cadimage Accessories Tools add on for AC9.0, we are experiencing an issue that we can't find in the user's manual and are unable to resolve. Please see attached image.

When using the roof tool set to shingles, the edge tile (rake) raise up proportionate to the width of the barge board. Further, instead of the barge board extending towards the wall when set, it extends further out away from the rake side of the building causing the edge tile to fall within the board and not lap over the board normally.

Can someone knowledgable in the use of this add-on please advise me how the settings should be to correct this issue? Thank you for any comments.

CadImage Barge.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
10 REPLIES 10
__archiben
Booster
sounds like a bug - have you tried e-mailing cadimage direct? i've heard they're pretty swift at bug squashing . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hey Ben, thanks so much. I sent the same request to Cadimage several hours earlier today & haven't heard back. We panicked (deadlines) and posted the same request here hoping someone in the forum may have any knowledge. Are you close to their offices?
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
__archiben
Booster
Scott wrote:
Are you close to their offices?
unfortunately not to the one where that sort of work is done!

can you send me a screen shot of the objects settings windows? what happens if you change the edge type in the 3D window? do you have the latest version (9.0.5)?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Part 1

Ben wrote:
do you have the latest version (9.0.5)?
Apparently not (9.0.1 shown in the object settings box, but download indicates v9r3). We purchased/downloaded this last week. Was an update generated within the last few days?
Cadimage Roof Settings.jpg
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Ben wrote:
what happens if you change the edge type in the 3D window?
Please see the attached image.

When visiting the Cadimage Tool website, we are unable to locate any updates or patches for this product. As part of our purchase we downloaded v9r3, but shows as 9.0.1 in the settings box. Ben, where did you get your 9.0.5 version if you have a moment?
Diff Edges.jpg
__archiben
Booster
it seems to be a problem with the barge flashing position and size. i don't get the problem you do with the 'ridge' flashing though . . . i think reporting it is the best direction.

(btw the accessories do show as version 9.0.1 despite having the latest update . . .)

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Please see the attached to clarify how the edge should work.

Ben wrote:
(Accessory Tools are) a great time-saver in the long run . . . . set up some favourites from the Extras>Accessories... menu and you'll be saving even more time
Ben, looking forward to using that feature. Thanks again & waiting to hear back from Cadimage.
TomWaltz
Participant
I've never had much luck with their roof accessory.

Their wall facade and precast concrete has been good to me, but not the roof one.
Tom Waltz
Nuge
Advocate
Scott try playing around with the "Fascia & Barge Drop" fields, i have had issues and these seem to fix my problems.

Also try changing the fascia type from timber to metal this may help as they code each one seperatly.

Good Luck

Nuge

PS there is an update 9.0.5 issued on 25-10-05 sorry but its not on the Cadimage store site.
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
Learn and get certified!