Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Can't install Archicad 10 on Win XP Home!!?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to install a commercial version of archicad to try as a demo on my home computer which has the XP Home operating system and am having no luck at all with the cursed thing.

I keep getting to the install button but whenever I press it the install program just refuses to start and nothing else happens.

I've heard from others here that installing on XP Home should not a be problem. I tried installing archicad 9 on it with the same result. But installing archicad 7 is no problem.

Anyone advise me on how to get any further with this program??

I have noticed that the buttons in the custom installation choice menu seem to be all squashed up which is strange. Ive tried altering the resolution of my desktop which had no affect on these. I also too off my Java thinking that was it but it installed Java, Quicktime and the reader with no problem.

I'm now at a complete loss
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
Are you running as Administrator?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I'm running the program as administrator and havent had a problem installing anything else at all, it just seems to be Archicad. I did try installing the archicad 9 training disk before the actual program first and it came back with a warning saying archicad 9 wasnt installed. And since doing that I havent been able to install archicad, but dont know if it would have installed ok before that!

Maybe I should try manually cleaning the registry?

Like I mentioned as well the buttons in the install screens are corrupted and sure dont look correct so something is up somewhere. Hey I dont suppose Starforce would have anything to do with it? I do use this machine for gaming as well!?
Anonymous
Not applicable
As an update installed XP Pro and archicad installed without a hitch afterwards. Archicad definitely does not work with XP Home from my experience.
TomWaltz
Participant
I've used it on XP Home for about 3 years now... it works fine.
Tom Waltz
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I use AC10 on my laptop (XP Home) without any problems -- LJY.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
I've used it on XP Home for about 3 years now... it works fine.
Well I find that very strange. BEcuase when I tried to install it all the buttons in the install screen were corrupted in both AC 9 and 10 and the install program wouldnt install the program. Yet when I installed XP Pro the buttons looked ok and the program installed without a problem. If it isnt XP Home thats the problem it must be a driver or graphics card something that you have got that I dont or vice versa. Either way it didnt install and I tried everything.

Anyway I got it installed now but it cost me the price of and XP Pro upgrade! At least I can learn the thing now.