Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Can't upgrade USB key to A/C 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on an Intel iMac 20", 2 GB Ram, 256 Mg Video card, 500 GB hard drive, OS 10.4.6 with updated Java.

Finally got A/C 10 by transferring from another Mac 17" laptop. What a pain. This proceedure should be documented somewhere and obvious for the thousands that now own Intel Macs.

Now I am unable to update my full version USB key to be able to use the new program. I go to the site:

https://upgrade.graphisoft.com

and get the message: "You can only use one instance. Close Window"

I've never been to this site before so cannot have used it before. Apparently, the site thinks I am trying to upgrade another key. I own only one. My reseller did ask for my key number several weeks ago when I ordered the update, and I used a program he sent me to extract the number for him.

I am using the latest version of Safari and tried Firefox with same result.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you try rebooting? I think this message is referring to an instance as a connection to the upgrade database.

Reboot and try again and see if that leads to success.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Chris wrote:
Finally got A/C 10 by transferring from another Mac 17" laptop. What a pain. This proceedure should be documented somewhere and obvious for the thousands that now own Intel Macs. .
There will be a native Macintel AC10 soon. But until then, I'd try putting the key on the "other mac 17" and upgrade it there.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I experienced the same problem updating my WIBU key on Windows XP. I opened the WIBU-KEY dialog box in the control panel/ Install Tab/ and selected the Plug & Play button (I think this essentially uninstalls all instances of the WIBU application so that when you restart and insert the USB key it reinstalls it). I restarted my computer/ inserted the USB key and installed the device from the ArchiCAD 10 CD. Then I navigated to the update graphisoft page and it worked as it should have the first time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone. I spoke at great length to a Graphisoft rep. and tried many different tacks to fix things. He said that the problem is a problem with the Mac Java and ArchiCAD, and even the newest version (which I have) does not resolve the problem. He also suggested that I try using the Powerbook G4 17" to try updating the key as you also suggested. That worked and all is well. Thanks for all the help ! Chris
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using Windows XP and cannot upgrade my USB lock from AC9 to AC10. I get the exact same message in the IE browser. I've tried everything from uninstalling the WIBU drivers so that nothing worked (even in AC9). I am absolutely unable to do a system Restore to an earlier point. I followed all of the instructions carefully. The only error that I may have made was using Mozilla Firefox to do the upgrade. The browser got hung up. When I then went to IE and tried to do the upgrade I received the error message that the previous post received.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did anyone ever find a solution to this other than upgrading the key on another mac? i don't have that option. I tried a key that was updated on a PC and that doesn't seem to work either.

I would really like to be able to use this software.

Thanks,
Aaron
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron wrote:
Did anyone ever find a solution to this other than upgrading the key on another mac? i don't have that option. I tried a key that was updated on a PC and that doesn't seem to work either.

I would really like to be able to use this software.

Thanks,
Aaron
Hey Aaron, I could bring my old G4 on Friday if nothing else works for you. It's weird though that the PC upgraded key doesn't work. It should be cross platform - mine is. Are you using the Mactel compatible WIBU driver?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I installed the WIBU driver from the graphisoft website yesterday. But, I just went to www.wibu.com and installed the latest from there and now it worrks just fine.

Thanks again and see you friday

-aaron
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I have talked to GS about this and they say it is a driver problem with the USB ports on the intel Macs.
If you try to upgrade your key in windows on an iMac, it just crashes your browser and produces a log file on your desktop.
They say they are working on it now, so it should be ready soon.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200