Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Can't use 3D view on Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello guys, can you please help me out?

I've seen lots of topics regarding bad 3d view but nothing I've done has solved my problem. I have Archicad 20 (I've already tried 23 version as well) and whenever I go to the 3D visualization, nothing shows up. I can't select nor view anything. Usually, for Autocad and Navisworks I deactivate the hardware acceleration button so I can see the drawing, but in Archicad I can't seem to fix it even trying to setup the graphic options so it doesn't force my pc too much. It is a good notebook, the specs are below. I've already updated my graphic cards drivers and also my BIOS, now I'm almost giving up on using Archicad...

CPU - i7
Memory - 12gb RAM
Graphic Card - Nvidia GeForce 940MX
Windows 10 64-bit
Acer Aspire R5-571TG
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are the print screens of how it shows the 3d view. As I went from the plan view to the 3d view, it continues to show the 2d plan view.
Eduardo Rolon
Hardware acceleration shouldn't have anything to do with this problem.
Quick try, go to Floor Plan and with nothing selected go [list=]
  • View Menu
  • [list=]
  • Elements in 3D View
  • [list=]
  • Show Selection Marquee in 3D
  • [list=]
  • Just in case select the Zoom Extends button at the button of the window
  • -----
    If that doesn't work go to the floor plan and selected the 2 walls and repeat.
    Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
    AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
    another Moderator

Anonymous
    Not applicable
    ejrolon wrote:
    Hardware acceleration shouldn't have anything to do with this problem.
    Quick try, go to Floor Plan and with nothing selected go [list=]
  • View Menu
  • [list=]
  • Elements in 3D View
  • [list=]
  • Show Selection Marquee in 3D
  • [list=]
  • Just in case select the Zoom Extends button at the button of the window
  • -----
    If that doesn't work go to the floor plan and selected the 2 walls and repeat.
    Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, I get the same image I did before, it shows the elements in plan view.
    Eduardo Rolon
    Looks like I misread your post. What you are showing should not be possible.
    I would uninstall AC and reinstall, also make sure that you have all AC updates. Also make sure that Windows is up to date.
    If this does not fix it then you should get in touch with your distributor to check other options.
    Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
    AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
    another Moderator

Barry Kelly
    In the 3D window, switch to the Vectorial engine.
    If you now see the 3D, then it is probably an OpenGL issue.
    You say you have updated your video drivers, but you may need to disable the on-board graphics card so that Archicad only uses the N-Vidia card.
    There should be a setting in the N-Vidia controls that you can tell it to run Archicad on that card with full power.

If you are using an external monitor, then make sure you plug it into the dedicated video card port - try without the external monitor.
    If you are using a dock, I have heard that some docks will connect to the on-board graphics card - try connecting without the dock.

Barry.
    One of the forum moderators.
    Versions 6.5 to 27
    Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
    Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11