Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cannot Import Zones into the Attribute Manager in AC23 from an XML File

Hi,
I seem to have run into a problem with importing zones into the attribute manager in AC23. I tried using the default Australian template and exporting out the current set of zones into an xml file then re-importing that same XML file into AC23. I get the following error.

“The selected Attribute file could not be loaded. The file may have been created from a different Archicad version, or uses an incorrect format.”

Can anyone else replicate the issue? I am using AC23 AUS release 5010. Should I reinstall Archicad on my machine?
Kind Regards,

Sebastian Monroe

Director/Architect

T: +61 3 9017 6666

www.codearchitecture.com.au

NOM ARCH VIC ARB: 17939

Archicad v26, Mac Mini INTEL 64GB, AMD Radeon Pro
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I can confirm that this does not work.
I have no idea why though.

I just exported zone categories in 23 attribute manager from AUS template.
Tried to import them into my template also in 23 and got the same error message you mentioned.

If you have a subscription then you should contact Central Innovation and report the problem.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Sebastian and Barry,

Thank you very much for the reports and I am very sorry for the issue!

Such errors usually come from invalid character in the exported XML, however I was unable to find it in Zone Categories. I will have our colleagues at Technical Support team to take a closer look. Once we have a conclusion I will let you know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

We have concluded the investigation! It turned out to be a defect in AC23 alone. The issue arises with how we handle special character in import/export XMLs. In this particular case, there is a "/" character in zone #6 RESIDENTIAL LIVING/KITCHEN. If you remove the "/", the XML can be reimported back to Archicad.

We will address this issue in Update 3 of Archicad 23. Thank you very much for raising this issue, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
Thanks Minh.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11