BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cannot find fill boundary with walls (AC11)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently updated to AC 11 and also installed the latest hotfix (1086).

In the new version I've been unable to create fills in areas surrounded by walls when using the magic wand. Magic wand simply cannot locate a fill boundary.

Everything works well with line-surrounded areas, but not with wall elements. The walls are definitely meeting each other, so it's not because of that.

Could this be caused by a bug, or is there some fill or magic wand setting that could fix the problem? The problem is currently slowing down my work considerably...

Bugger...
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Antti wrote:
I recently updated to AC 11 and also installed the latest hotfix (1086).

In the new version I've been unable to create fills in areas surrounded by walls when using the magic wand. Magic wand simply cannot locate a fill boundary.

Everything works well with line-surrounded areas, but not with wall elements. The walls are definitely meeting each other, so it's not because of that.

Could this be caused by a bug, or is there some fill or magic wand setting that could fix the problem? The problem is currently slowing down my work considerably...

Bugger...
The walls may look like they meet in plan but do the actual reference lines meet?
They must if you want to flood fill with the magic wand.
Otherwise selecting the wall perimeter to magic wand may work.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you magic wand on the edge of the walls, as opposed to the area in the middle, the fill will connect automatically. Whether the walls meet or not.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!