Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cannot read plan file/Repair process failed/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
Hibaüzenet nélkül elmentettem egy fájlt. Másnap nem tudom megnyitni. Se a pln, se a bpn formátumút. Másik gépen, másik mappában sem. Hogyan tudnék hozzáférni egy heti munkámhoz, ami így bentragadt a fájlban, legalább részlegesen?

I saved a file, normaly, with no error message. Next day I cannot open it. Neither pln, nor bpn. Neither tried on other maschine, nor from other folder. How could I get acces to my work, that closed to this broken file? At least partially?
11 REPLIES 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
Have you tried opening the back-up file?
Do you have a backup drive?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to open the .bpn file too. This is the back-up?
There is an AutoSave Folder in my maschine, but in this folder and subfolders there are no files wich could I associate to ArchiCAD, or any other application, so it isn't seems could solv my problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you fix that problem? I have the same message on .pln and .bpn files?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I saved a file, normaly, with no error message. Next day I cannot open it. Neither pln, nor bpn. Neither tried on other maschine, nor from other folder. How could I get acces to my work, that closed to this broken file? At least partially?)
I have the same problem did u fix it plz?
Barry Kelly
What error message do you get when you try to open it?
Have you tried the 'Open & Repair' option when opening a file from the file open dialogue.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Bearss
Booster
Has anybody found a solution to this. Started out of the blue for me too. .pln nor .bpn will not open.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
David Bearss
Booster
Also by the way the open and repair locks up.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Karl Ottenstein
While waiting for any info on what can cause this process to fail... I believe that ArchiPLUS (SSA) subscribers can send corrupt files to their local tech support for analysis / recovery (if possible). Might be worth a shot, David, before the weekend?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that this will help recover your file but a regimented backup strategy will reduce downtime / lost time.

We do two full backups (1 on site, and 1 offsite) every night plus incremental backups mid morning and mid afternoon. At worst case we lose only a few hours work which never takes as long to redo as when done originally (as the thinking has already been done)
Regards,
Scott