Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Changed iMac, now BIMcloud libraries are not available or missing

Nik
Booster

Hi all. I work from home and connect into our office networks using the built-in VPN in MacOS. Everything was working fine using both Archicad 24 and 25 on my 2013 iMac running Catalina.

However, yesterday I swapped over my old iMac for a more powerful 2017 model running Big Sur. Archicad 24 and 25 have been installed and the VPN set up exactly as before, but now there are big problems!

When I use AC24 to connect to my Teamwork projects on BIMcloud I find that some of the libraries, including the main Archicad 24 library, no longer work and I have a file full of missing objects. In the library manager (see attached screenshot) the library appears, but it has no file size and can't be accessed. AC25 is running better, but I have still spotted some smaller libraries missing. Other people working on these projects, also using the same VPN and a mix of operating systems, have no issues and everything works fine. It's just myself that has the problem.

I have reinstalled Archicad, cleaned out the preferences, local data and cache files. Nothing has worked. I created a new user profile on BIMcloud and that hasn't worked either. For some reason my computer can't 'see' the library files correctly.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and resolved it? It's getting fairly critical as I need to be working on these projects. Any help would be amazing.

Cheers, Nik

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 19.20.15.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Andrii Levko
Expert

Try to clear local data in Teamwork>>Project>>Local Data Manager and reload libraries from BIMcloud.

Also, there may be a problem with the network. Do you have a connection via cable or wi-fi?

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650

Hi Andrii. I've tried deleting the local data, but no luck. I connect via wifi to my router. Are there router settings that might affect how my computer is 'talking' to BIMcloud?

Can you see anything at all from the BIMcloud? I assume it’s hosted in your office? We had an issue with VPN and not being able to see our shares because the internal office network and home network were on the same subnet. We had to change the home subnet to a different address range and everything worked.  

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Hi Lee. I can see the BIMcloud and I can open Teamwork projects. I can also log into BIMcloud through my web browser. However when I open a Teamwork project then I have the library problem shown in my original post - the libraries appear in the manager, but some of them have no file size, can't be accessed and so the model is full of missing objects.

Interestingly if i log into the BIMcloud through my web browser, select a problem library and try to export it, the export fails. If I select a working library then it exports fine.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to network settings. Is there an easy way to check the subnet settings to see if there is an issue?

Many thanks, Nik

I just tried bypassing my wi-fi router by using my phone as a 4G hotspot and connecting through that. All the same problems, so that seems to rule the router and ISP out as possible causes.

Our colleague had a similar problem. Then he had to ensure that the bandwidth and latency required by Graphisoft matched the values on his computer and network. But it was enough to change wifi to cable, and then delete local data and reload libraries.

But maybe you have a issue with something else.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Andrii Levko
Expert

Maybe @Noemi Balogh could helps ?

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001

Have you tried re-uploading the affected libraries? Is anyone else able to see and use the libraries successfully?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

We haven't tried re-uploading the libraries. It may be Friday before we can try that. All other users can see and use the libraries successfully. It's very strange! Many thanks for continuing to help.