BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Changing Display Order Lag/Time Delay

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is an issue in ArchiCAD that has been persistent in the last 5 or more versions, that is when you change the display order of anything, it could be a simple square fill, a zone or a 3D element, there is an inordinate time delay in performing the operation. I have keyboard shortcuts set up for the display order operations:

Bring to Front Home
Bring Forward PageUp
Send Backward PageDown
Send to Back End

And when I want to use any of them I get the busy cursor (pizza of death, we call it) for approx. 10-20 seconds. So if you want to move the display order of an element up three levels, that's a minute of just staring at the screen. I've actually replied to an email in the time it takes to move a fill one level. This adds up to hours of lost time over the course of a project. It used to be virtually instant.

Current platform is Retina iMac 5K 2017 4.2 GHz i7, 24 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB, operating system macOS Mojave 10.14.5 and ArchiCAD 22 Build 6001 UKI FULL, but this bug has been around for years, and on multiple platforms with different work environments.

Is there a known fix for this issue? I've tried quite a few things. If there's not a fix, can this be added to the wishlist for a AC22/23 bug fix or the build of AC24?
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend
I have a similar spec Mac and just set these shortcuts up to test. I created a fill and moved it up and down through the display order of a complex model without issue. Is this specific to one file or all projects?

I have attached an image with my settings.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Steve,

Next time ARCHICAD freezes like this on macOS, please create 2-3 Process Samples while ARCHICAD is frozen. When you are done, please quit ARCHICAD and collect the Fastlogger Files as well.

If you send me the Process Samples, the Fastloggers, and a description of what you were moving when the freeze happened, I can take a look into this issue for you.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!