Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Changing my GSID password to 1234 to avoid the Kill Switch

Eduardo Rolon

I can't find the post about the forced use of GSID for the software that I pay yearly to access but I was greeted today with this:

EduardoRolon_0-1673554003867.png

Only 16 days to authenticate so as a "savvy computer user and moderator" I open my password manager to copy/paste the long password and obviously GS in their Infinite Wisdom have decided that copy/paste is not allowed and I have to guess that I wrote my long password correctly.

Now I cannot log in using my regular GSID. I have reset the password to something that I can type without too much trouble and obviously easy to guess (because I cannot copy/paste) and now this is the message I get:

EduardoRolon_1-1673554672762.png

SO it looks like I only have 16 days left to use the software I pay for…

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon

Finally after 3 email changes and password resets I got access.

EduardoRolon_1-1673557542997.png

But it is EASY to TYPE like GS intended…

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon

And from GS FAQ:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/Graphisoft-ID-Frequently-Asked-Questions/...

EduardoRolon_3-1673569248681.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

furtonb
Advisor

For me right clicking in the field and selecting "Paste" works - copy-pasting from Keychain or KeepassXC is not permitted. 

You need to click back to the user name field to get the Sign in button to work. 

I'm running the same machine as you with Ventura 13.1.

Edit: It could be macOS related (again), I've just tested it on Win10 and I can paste without any hiccups.

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Eduardo Rolon

Right clicking (nor CMD+V) might work for you but not for me in MacOS.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo:

Have you tried using the Paste command for the menu bar? I have had a few web sites not recognize Command+V, but will work using the command from the menu bar.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

Have not tried it but that is not the point.

<sarcasm> Obviously it looks like I am wrong from presuming that if a command has multiple shortcuts then all of them should work. Looks like GS upgrade improvements mean that as a user it is important for me to keep trying to find out which shortcut if the one that works. If the selected shortcut doesn’t work it is user error.

The next improvement is that commands will only work on certain days of the week and under specific moon phases…

</sarcasm>
The main point is that this is a stupid bug and the second one is that GS has implemented a kill switch to our software regardless of having paid your SSA subscription. After hurricane María we didn’t have internet service for about 3 months even though we had electric service so if this had happened during that time I would have lost access to my legally paid software.

These types of decisions are user hostile (if by design) it just indicates that GS is willing to kill access to legal users for their benefit whichever it might be.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

I agree with your points, but please note that I was just trying to provide a solution which is working for me with presumably the same config as yours...

I completely second your frustration, I have similar feelings, especially with v26 and all of its regressions in terms of attribute management or very basic UX on macOS.

The most irritating part is the reseller response/official GS stance, that it is my fault using up to date operating system on an otherwise impeccable machine.

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64

No worries, the sarcasm wasn't directed at you, just general venting.

26 has been an uphill battle thru the previews, beta period and initial launch so when you get reminded of the "New Kill Switch" because of a dumb bug that goes against every recommended security measure then you are allowed to lose it.

--

PS edited the name of the post 😎

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Kornel Beleznai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear Eduardo,

I’m truly sorry to hear about your problem and I understand your frustration.

There was a similar issue reported when the copy/pasting didn’t work, except it was with Texts and Labels inside Archicad. In that case the culprit was an antivirus program, and even though that happened mostly on Windows machines it’s worth checking your antivirus software and add Archicad to the exception list.

There are some other things you could check in order to isolate the root of the issue.

• Does this copy/paste problem happen while using Archicad as well, e.g. in a simple Text/Label?
  • Does it happen in any other program or just Archicad?
  • Can you copy/paste the password to anywhere else without a problem?
  • Can you check your clipboard settings and history to see if the problem happens at the final, pasting stage of the process?

If none of these tips take you closer or resolve the problem, please turn to your local support for further assistance and share your findings with them. You might be familiar with this, but here’s the link to the official platform where you can contact them: https://graphisoft.com/contact-us/get-in-touch.

Best regards!

Beleznai Kornél
Technical Support Engineer