BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Changing the color of outline of column.

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I change the color of the ouline of a column? I cant find any toggle or setting that does this.
9 REPLIES 9
Thomas Holm
Booster
In the floor plan, if your floor plan cutplane cuts through it, it's the Core Line, unless if you have the Veneer option turned on, then it's the Veneer line.
if your cutplane doesn't cut through it, you'll see the Overhead line if the cutplane is below, else the Uncut line, which you'll also see in sections, and elevations, unless it's cut. Clear as mud, but logical.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now I understand. Apply structure settings was turned on And I couldnt change the outline color of the column. Problem solved!...
By the way where do I see/change the structure settings of the column?
during the profile manager process?
Thomas Holm
Booster
(edited) Sorry, misunderstood the question.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
They're talking about the Structure of the Complex Profile of the Column. If Apply Structure's Settings is ticked, then the settings under Cut Surfaces will not override the settings of the Complex Profile.

To edit the 'structure's settings', you need to go to Design> Complex Profiles> Profile Manager... Then select the Profile that's applied to your column and change the Cut Line Pen. Then hit Override and Store Profile.

Why GS doesn't just change 'Apply Structure's Settings' to 'Apply Profile Settings' is beyond me.

Cheers,
Link.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Sorry, my bad. I didn't realise this column was profiled. I couldn't read the attachment.

Thank you Link for clarifying! Sometimes it helps to have a real professional around
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im still having problems changing the color of columns.....
This column is a simple 12" x 12", not a profile. Doesn't have a veneer.
The program doesn't allow me to change the color of core lines (It is greyed)
Cut plane is 4'-0" AFF.
I dont know what else to do.
Dennis Lee
Booster
i had the same problem this morning, but i was able to change the cut line pen color by pressing the "layer:edit selection set dialog" button.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
But of course! I forgot about that.
It did the trick.
Learn and get certified!