BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cinerender freeze Archicad 20 on Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, following some PM help i received i will post this problem here, so if someone else have the same kind of issue we could try to find a solution together.

The Issue:
Archicad work smoothly in every aspect but when interacting with cinerender, If in surfaces material panel or in rendering preview (or full rendering), Archicad 20 (4020) appear as frozen and in the activity monitor show as not responding (while cinerender appear as working) in both cpu and ram panel.
Leaving the program not responding results in the rendering taking place after like 10 to 20 minutes

here is an example:

this is the situation after 15 minutes of not responding with the lowest settings (all disabled basically and low resolution), after that the render took place normally in few seconds:

this is the ultrabasic test (all default material and lighting) on new new file from before:

a test in the surface palette after trying to switch to maxon cinerender from open gl ends with the same not responding for several minutes.

The activity monitor appear as this:

RAM

CPU

The SPECS:

Macbook pro retina 2013
Mac OS sierra 10.12.3
2.7ghz i7
16gb RAM
512SSD

TESTED on:
this computer and other similar spec macbook pro with same results, (!) on all computer there was installed cinema 4d with no issue on rendering and vector works 2016 (maybe some conflict), now removed.

ATTACHED :
attached a sample log from the activity monitor from the archicad frozen process for the support or for whom can understand it.

Opinion:
something is going wrong in the preparation phase of the rendering (of the palette and the model when with cinerender), all method of render, even high quality with internal and sketch render works great and instantaneously.

Hope all this can help solve this problem to me and other users, and as always sorry if my english hurts some one
Andrea

EDIT:
I'm using the italian student edition so only update 4020 for me, if this could be the problem can someone point me on how to download the international version to test if the problem persists? in my archipage its showing only italian version with a "*favorite language" and i don't know how to change that...
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!