Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Comparing computer's performance

KeesW
Advocate

Is there a way of comparing the performance of different computers and hardware for Archicad? There used to be a standard model that was used to test this.  I also asked about this 2.5 years ago and post it again because I am awaiting delivery of a (supposedly) much faster Dell computer and would like to know how it compares to my current 10 year old Dell. My current jobs are too small to make much of a difference but accessing a large standard project could be very useful to compare different computers and/or processors.

I think that Graphisoft's hardware recommendations are out of date because they don't include NVidia's Geforce RTX graphic cards in their considerations.

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
Miha_M
Advisor

Update - sorry, I was wrong, there are only quadro RTX models benchmarks.

Have you seen the latest v.25 recommendations? There are some RTX cards benchmarks. Recommended Graphics Cards for Archicad 25 - Graphisoft Community

I run a P1000 Quadro on a very outdated workstation (seem my signature), but have no trouble with even medium sized models. I am still on v24 and will probably skip the v25, so I can't comment on how this hardware works on v25.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Yes there are RTX cards tested but they are all Quadro RTX versions. I'd like to see simillar evaluations on NVidia Geforce RTX cards - which more users are likely to buy because they are about 1/4 - or less - the price.

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU