Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Connect to a central protection key outside a firewall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I´ve got clients using Powerbooks and they using Archicad, is it possible for them to "connect" to a central protection key at the office from exampel at home?
Maybe some special ports needs to get open in the firewall?

best regards
mikael
7 REPLIES 7
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
22347 is the default port for the WIBU-Key software.
I guess you could chang it to what ever port you wanted to, just as long as you change it in the WIBU key software
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
wow that was a quick respons on a saturday! 😃
Thanks!

While im asking is that any special settings in Archicad on the client that i need to take in concern, like a ip number to the central protection key computer or does in find it anyway as you are logged in to the "local" network from the firewall?

Im just looking for a solution before a go and try...
and i dont have any experice of working with Archicad, so excuse if im maybe asking some dumb questions! 😃

Mikael
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Mikael.
If you have opened the right port, sever side, then fixed it on the client side as well(as I discribed it in my last post) it's just a simple matter of typing in the IP address of the server and then you're away..

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to follow on from Ben's comment...in the Network tab of the WIBU control panel you can set the order of IP's to search. We connect to the license server over a VPN and this method makes sure we get connected as quickly as possible.

Mark B
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tips.

Doing what you say works fine on a Mac as long as you install the Wibu-Key Application, which Graphisoft seem to have forgotten to put on the installation disk. You can then set up your WkLAN server by IP address on port 22347, which is on the client tab, as long as you have set up this port on your firewall. See enclosed sample.

You can download the latest version from the Wibu website http://www.wibu.com/us/down_wibukey.php
Anonymous
Not applicable
We run ArchiCAD10 on a network of OSX Macintosh computers. We would like to configure Wibukey (WkConfig) to allow broadcasting over WAN.
I am able to access the WkConfig status via /serverIP/22347, however ArchiCAD at the remote site (home) cannot find wibukey and returns the error message 'Protection key not found or not valid. (1050017)'.

I noticed in one of the replies within this thread that under the 'Client' tab in WkConfig the 'local' subsystem was suggested to be selected, despite the remote client being 'remote' or outside firewall. What should this setting be for those external to the firewall who are given access via the open default port 22347?

The instructions for configuration are not clear to me and I'm not entirely sure wibukey can be seen over a WAN with our particular Net3 dongles.

Are your offices allowing wibukey to broadcast over WAN (to specific external IPs?) to allow remote users to access wibukey?
Djordje
Ace
See the responses here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=14714
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen