BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Constant Crashing in 3d

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Since updating to 4011, I've had constant crashing in the 3d window... Mostly while navigating. This was not happening on the original release...

In the 3d window, while navigating, the screen will go a pixelated grey or completely black. Then crash to a bug report.

This is happening on ALL MY FILES... Teamwork or Solo...

Also, SKETCH render does not work... Chews for HOURS then gives me a beautiful WHITE rendering... Again, this worked fine in the original release.

Any ideas?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Update to 5005?

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=51769
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I was hoping that would help, but it didn't...

Sorry my FOOTER was incorrect... been on 5005 for a couple weeks..

Feels like a Video Card problem... but only cropped up at the 4011 update...

Otherwise was working fine...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Barry Kelly
Have you tried updating video card drivers?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
(Un)fortunately I am working on an 2012 iMac... not an upgradeable feature. (that I'm aware of)...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Sounds like hardware failure, I'd research if there were known issues with your models GPU. Apple generally has 3 to 4 year coverage on known faulty hardware for replacement.

Maybe take it to your local apple store.

If you are running the latest version of OSX / updates available, that should have you covered for drivers/firmware/etc.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Been looking... I've got the Nvidia GTX 660M.. Looks like Apple had issues with the Radeon card...

Per GS, probably time for a new machine...

Bugger is.. this doesn't happen in any other program. I can see that the GPU Intensity of AC might be the only thing that generates that kind of heat in the GPU...

At some point in time, I'll push back to 3003 and see if I still get the issue. I've also got a mac mini with the AMD GPU.... I'll have to test and see if the same thing happens there.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

DGSketcher
Legend
Have you tried a cold boot and ONLY running AC to see if there is possibly a software conflict?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
vfrontiers wrote:
Been looking... I've got the Nvidia GTX 660M.. Looks like Apple had issues with the Radeon card...

Per GS, probably time for a new machine...

Bugger is.. this doesn't happen in any other program. I can see that the GPU Intensity of AC might be the only thing that generates that kind of heat in the GPU...

At some point in time, I'll push back to 3003 and see if I still get the issue. I've also got a mac mini with the AMD GPU.... I'll have to test and see if the same thing happens there.
Install a game trial, like World of Warcraft (I run that at home on the mac) and set it to ultra

If there are known problems, you would probably find some chap on youtube who shot a video of it, could see if it is the same problem.

One of my old iMACs had problems with overheating, but this was the last white plastic 24" model (2006?), so it was quite some time ago. But that one would randomly lock up from the problems.

I used to have a program that manually allowed me to run all fans on fullspeed to cool the iMAC, but I think that stopped working some 2 or 3 versions of OSX ago and my current late 2014 model doesn't need it. But there might be something out there for your model. I had a 2010 iMAC, it worked well on that.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
As an update, I ran AHT (apple hardware test) that came up CLEAN for everything..

I would have hoped that there were a handful of users reading this that have 2012 iMacs that could suggest that they are either HAVING or NOT HAVING issues similar...

It is clearly NOT specific to a FILE as it happens on ALL my files... large or small.

I am also now thinking it has affected the RENDERING engine as well. I can no long do ANY sketch renders and only about half of the CINERENDERs make it all the way thru.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Learn and get certified!