Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Constant Crashing in Archicad 25 on MacOS

hmbpc
Participant

Hello,

Currently, I have an issue with my Archicad 25, frequently, for apparently no reason, it crashes and gives out an error message as shown bellow:

1.jpeg

The device in question is a MacOS Monterey, version 12.3.1, I know people with similar devices that have encoutered the same issue.

Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein

You are still running build 4013 which may be the problem.  For whatever reason, Graphisoft has not released an update for the POR version  to build 5010, which was released for some countries on March 30.  Looking at the update list, Brazil / BRA just got the 5010 update yesterday, May 2. So, maybe POR is coming soon?  Check with your reseller both for that and for tech support with the crash.  (I wonder how different BRA is from POR and if you can get the BRA version for now?)

It looks like NOR, POL, RUS, SPA, TUR, UKI, UKR and others are still waiting for 5010.
https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?localization=–&type=AC&version=25

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thank you so much for the fast reply, I will try that to see if it fixes the issue!

bryan8
Participant

I am currently running OS Monterey 12.3.1 as well and have been dealing with Archicad crashing for about the past 8 months ever since I got my new iMac. Initially it was AC24 crashing, so I installed AC25 but that didn't fix the problem. Each update hasn't solved the problem either and I am currently running AC25 Build 5010. There's no consistent pattern to when it will crash though - Usually when I try to send/receive or close the application, but it might also crash when opening a project, or moving a wall, or opening a view/layout sheet, etc.

I believe my crash message is the same or similar to hmbpc's.

Thanks for your help in advance! Hopefully there's another update soon that solves this?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am very sorry for the issue!

In case of crashes, Archicad should generate a Bug ID through the Bug Reporter. I suggest reaching out to the local support with this number, as well as the report generated by the system so that they can contact the developers for further investigation - maybe this is already a known issue. Even though the crash is caused by different actions, through the Bug ID our developers can find out more about the crash and give some suggestions.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT