BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Corrupt Display properties of EDITING PLANE

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just noticed that my EDITING PLANE properties have changed; color (to white) and transparency = 0. When adjusting back to desired display via "Grids & Background" it displays correctly while in the 3D window. If I then F2 (plan view) and F5 (3D window) the EP properties are reset again to white with no transparency.

AC15
Win 7 64bit
i7 930
12GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5970 - Driver: 8.850.0.0
(No graphic other drivers installed other than the W7 default - had problems with the ATI suite & AC15)
2D Drawing Antialiasing DISABLED (black fill screen issues otherwise)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Update: Patched the problem by re-assigning the F5 key (delete global and assign F5).
Question is: Why?
tats
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,
Try to reset the Grid & Background to default by:
1. Open 3D window, From menu, select "View" -> "Grid options" -> "Grids & Background.."
2. Change your setting according to default (use attached image for reference)
3D_Editing_plane.png
tats
Graphisoft - Product management team
Anonymous
Not applicable
This happens in AC16 if you hit either F3 or F5 and continues to happen even when you re-assign the shortcuts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
No such thing on mine 5 years old PC!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found this ancient thread because I have the same issues with "Grid Background Opacity". It is continuously resetting itself to white color with no opacity. I does not matter if I use the F5 key or use the right-click-palette to show selection in 3D.

I'm working with ArchiCAD 16 Build:3827 with an old AC15-library.

Please advise Graphisoft..
Karl Ottenstein
Gudmund_3 wrote:
I found this ancient thread because I have the same issues with "Grid Background Opacity".
Marton Kiss of Technical Support replied about this bug a couple of days ago here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=219617#219617

although the poster in that thread was using AC 17.

You might contact your technical support as Graphisoft might request your file to try to track down why this is happening.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl!

I'm on it.
Learn and get certified!