BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Corrupt PRINT functionallity!

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a first time I see a bug like that. File/Print command won't work. It accepts ONLY default settings and default printer, any changes made to printer settings are disregarded when confirmed by pressing OK???

Any suggestions? My guess is that it is a hardware problem.

Regards

PS: And, YES, I have reinstalled AC, and it won't work on AC 8.1 either.
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the printer?

woodster
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Good suggestion Woody.
Make sure that you have the latest drives/software installed for your printer as well.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Djordje
Ace
What are your user profile allowances?

Are you an Administrator, at least on the local machine?

Are you allowed to install and modify the printers?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your replies but I have tried it all. I wouldn't ask you if it wasn't so unusual.

Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where are you printing from, ArchiCAD or PlotMaker? Are you using Publisher or just File/Print? If in Plotmaker are there Print settings associated with the Master Sheet?

A little more detail would help?

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
TRIBU wrote:
Thank you for your replies but I have tried it all. I wouldn't ask you if it wasn't so unusual.

Regards
Have you tried to print to PDF and therefore using a different driver?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
TRIBU wrote:
It is a first time I see a bug like that. File/Print command won't work. It accepts ONLY default settings and default printer, any changes made to printer settings are disregarded when confirmed by pressing OK???
This sounds like an administration problem. I've seen that exact problem where the IT manager had set very tight restrictions on what users could do.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
[This sounds like an administration problem. I've seen that exact problem where the IT manager had set very tight restrictions on what users could do.
That would make sense as a cause

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
This sounds like an administration problem. I've seen that exact problem where the IT manager had set very tight restrictions on what users could do.
OK, I assume too. But my IT manager and me are wondering what we can do to resolve the situation? remember, all other softwares work fine!

Yes I have administrative rights to install and delete printer drivers and software.

Yes, I was using basic PRINT option from File menu in ArchiCAD (not PlotMaker).

Yes I have tried printing to PDF and it worked but it wouldn't resolve my problem because I still can't print 3D and it's cumbersome and time consuming.

Thanks again for fast replies, I will pay you back 🙂

Regards
Learn and get certified!