Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Crash Report With Mac PB

Anonymous
Not applicable
i can't run my archicad on my mac power book, when it start it gives me a crash report.
did anybody had the same.
I have sent the crash report to Apple and waiting for a reply, so now i can't use my archicad on my PB.
PS: it's archicad V9.
Thank you
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gobel,
i can't run my archicad on my mac power book, when it start it gives me a crash report.
I have sent the crash report to Apple and waiting for a reply, so now i can't use my archicad on my PB.
PS: it's archicad V9.
Thank you

It seems that something might have gone wrong during your installation.
Does your computer have the right criterias for a complete AC 9 (there is a "Read Me.txt" file in the program folder that gives you all the criteria) installation? Correct op system and enough memory?

If so, try to uninstall AC 9 (use the "Uninstaller" in the AC 9 program folder), restart and do a new "typical" installation.

Maybe the above will get you started?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The PB that i'm using is G4 1.67 with 1GB memory.
It has all the citeria that needs to run an archicad.
I tried to uninstall from the folder inside the archicad, and restart and install again; but nothing work.
i even tried to download the WIBU driver and install it on it.
and i tried again but nothing work.
i Update my System from the net and still nothing work.
i don't know what to do!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm,
The PB that i'm using is G4 1.67 with 1GB memory.
It has all the citeria that needs to run an archicad.
I tried to uninstall from the folder inside the archicad, and restart and install again; but nothing work.
i even tried to download the WIBU driver and install it on it.
and i tried again but nothing work.
i Update my System from the net and still nothing work.
i don't know what to do!!

That strange then. Sometimes the machines live their own lives
Maybe you ought to see what Apple's comments are on this matter.
Also - sometimes when uninstalling programs you also have to do a Sherlock search on key words for specific files that has not been removed with the uninstall program.
Eduardo Rolon
1) AC should run fine in your configuration.
2) go into ~/Library/Caches and delete the folder "Graphisoft"
3) go into ~/library/Preferencs and delete any file that begins with "com.graphisoft..."
4) run Disk Utility and repair permissions on your HD
5) run AC

if it doesnot work then Uninstall AC and do steps 2 and 3 and delete the Graphisoft folder in your Applications, restart and reinstall.

Posting your OS version would help also.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

__archiben
Booster
ejrolon wrote:
1) AC should run fine in your configuration.
2) go into ~/Library/Caches and delete the folder "Graphisoft"
3) go into ~/library/Preferencs and delete any file that begins with "com.graphisoft..."
4) run Disk Utility and repair permissions on your HD
delete prefs as above is the way to go . . . also, you need to make sure that you installed archiCAD with administrator access on your PB, not just a normal user account.

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys I did all that, but still not working.
Apple they didn't reply to me until now.
kindly find attached the crash report compressed doc format, if anybody can figure out what's the problem.
By the way it works fine with my PC desktop.
Thank you for your cooperation
Djordje
Ace
gobel wrote:
Guys I did all that, but still not working.
Apple they didn't reply to me until now.
kindly find attached the crash report compressed doc format, if anybody can figure out what's the problem.
By the way it works fine with my PC desktop.
Thank you for your cooperation
Did the Graphisoft bug report start up? If it did, fill in all the details, and send it - it has the automated procedure for going ot the right place.

You should contact the local ArchiCAD people, of course!

I alerted the HQ Tech Support. hope you get their response too.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
it doesn't even open or get a Graphisoft bug report.
I have sent the apple crash report to WIBU and they answer me that it's not from the WIBU key.
Apple they didn't answer me till now, and i'm waiting for a reply from graphisoft.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
gobel wrote:
did anybody had the same.
I haven't looked too deeply into this, but my first impression is that you may have a font problem. I recollect that the installation of some old or poorly designed fonts can cause problems for some applications. I suggest stripping your fonts to a minimum and see if it makes a difference. If it does, move your fonts back in batches until the problem recurs. Hopefully you can isolate the problem font.
Ralph Wessel BArch