Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Crashing - ARCHICAD 24 build 5004 Mac OS 10.15.6

4hotshoes
Advisor
Random acts of violence! There is nothing consistent that I can see in AC24 crashing. I am just getting into a new project and I have been creating a new template for AC24, but it crashes daily and likely more if I had time to work on it more. Does anyone else have any issues with AC24 on Mac?

Bug reports have been sent with explanations of what I was doing as bet that I can remember. File recovery has been fine.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
11 REPLIES 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Thomas wrote:
I've been experiencing random crashes SINCE upgrading to 5004 and Big Sur (that was recommended by Graphisoft (see attached). Every day - several times a day.
Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry to hear about that!

Could you let me know some bug IDs when Archicad crashes? These might reveal the true cause of them.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Karl Ottenstein
Thomas wrote:
I've been experiencing random crashes SINCE upgrading to 5004 and Big Sur ...
Hi Thomas - Please edit your forum user profile > signature to show Big Sur... it currently is still showing Catalina. Are you on the latest Big Sur update as well - 11.3.1? Minh had earlier reported that only 11.3 and above supposedly fix the crashing issue...

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB