Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Crashing when switching to 3D window using openGl rendering. after updating OSX 10.15.7

AT23
Participant

After apple update, any old files crash when either switching to 3d window using any 3d style that isn't vectorial or trying to close the 3d window.. 3d window doesn't crash if all layers are turned off. only a problem in existing files. new files aren't effected. 

Archicad 24 

MaMini i5 16gb 

OSX 10.15.7

10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Are you using the latest AC24 Update?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Yes everything that can be updated is up to date. 

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your issue and I am very sorry to hear about it!

If the problem only happens with a specific file, it's more likely that there was something wrong with this file. I'm wondering if you can share the bugID generated after sending a detailed report? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thanks for your response. The problem exists on any file created before I did the most recent Apple update. Any new file I create is fine.  I'm not sure what to do about the BugID. i've never been successful in sending a buck report. It always fails.

Ive attached the bug report here if thats helpful 

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report!

There's definitely an issue with Archicad when it unsuccessfully sends a bug report. I think there might be something blocking the connection from your computer to our server. Anyhow, it is not relevant in this case. 

I checked the crash report, and there I found that the issue happened due to graphics driver issue. In previous cases, this is suggested as a solution to the crash:

- In the respective folder (should be under Applications/GRAPHISOFT/ARCHICAD 24) please navigate to Defaults/ARCHICAD/WorkEnvironment/User Preferences/, and open the Standard User Preference.xml  file. The following needs to be adjusted:

<AntialiasQuality>1</AntialiasQuality>
<AntialiasQualityOpenGL3D>1</AntialiasQualityOpenGL3D>

The above "1" values need to be changed to 0.

- After that, please perform a Preferences Cleaning

I hope it helps with the issue. Feel free to ask if there is anything unclear!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Thanks Minh, I had tried that in the past albeit by a different means with no effect. I have tried again following these instructions and still no good. I've ordered a new computer so I am really hoping that with a new OSx version and a bit more processor grunt this isn't going to be a problem any more. 

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for the information, I'm very sorry to hear that!

Since the problem happens with only existing files, may I ask for one of them, as well as the System Report (SPX file) for further investigation? Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload them!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

TGA
Newcomer

Hi All,

Exact same issue on AC23 and AC24 as well. A file that was saved and closed with its 3D view open upon closing the file, crashes even before fully loading in the file, it crashes when it would start load in the 3D as and where it was saved.

Very frustrating.
AC 23 & 24

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

OSX 10.15.7