Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cross Platform Mounting Features

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do i disable Cross Platform Mounting Features within the archicad program. I've been told that doing this will resolve the issue i am having when opening files created on a PC, on a Mac.

thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Options>Preferences>Miscellaneous> uncheck 'Save in MultiPlatform Format'.

That must be an interesting issue you've got. What is it?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
glopez wrote:
How do i disable Cross Platform Mounting Features within the archicad program. I've been told that doing this will resolve the issue i am having when opening files created on a PC, on a Mac.
I too would be interested in knowing what issues this might resolve.

Woody
Dwight
Newcomer
Me, too. WTF?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
weird?
__archiben
Booster
not at all wierd! there is an issue on the mac whereby it goes into a headspin when trying to auto-resolve network path names in files created by a PC.

it's nothing to do with the cross platform file format either - it's a 'hidden' preference in as much as you need the terminal (or PListEditor from the developer tools) to flick the switch to 'off' manually. there is another VERY important thing to note. there is a typo in the string for archiCAD 8.1 (not sure about 9):

DisableCrossPlatfromMountingFeatures

a step by step can be found here courtesy of US tech support and john adams . . .

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=17373&highlight=tech+resouces#17373

HTH to clear things up!
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The problem was that browsing network locations from within ArchiCAD (e.g. open file dialog) was very slow - opening a sub-folder took minutes sometimes. This problem comes in combination with some DNS server problem, when -for any reason- the name resolving is too slow. To work around that problem it is possible to turn off cross-platform mounting option. That means that you will have to manually find and load libraries if you go to the other platform in a mixed network. The algorithm was changed in AC 9, the problem should not appear as frequent as in AC 8.1 R1.

In AC 9 the typo is fixed:

DisableCrossPlatformMountingFeatures
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
i stand corrected
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am expreicing very long delays on save/open dialog boxes in ArchiCAD 9 running under windows xp. This is happening with folders with about 7000 files in and was never a problem with archiCad 7.

Is there some DisableCrossPlatfromMountingFeatures option for windows too?

Thanks,
Adam
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I finally got round to sussing this issue out today using the instructions from here.. http://tr.graphisoftus.com/faq_entry_details.asp?id=996 and have found that you just need to create the preference files once and you can then copy them onto everbody elses Macs, so avoiding doing the Terminal commands for each user and potentially getting it wrong . Only downside seems to be losing the list of recently opened drawings.

I needed to get it to work with the AC9 International English version and obviously the files are only for that version. For a fuller explanation of what I did you can check it out here also there are instructions there on where to put the two files.

I've attached them here as well just in case anything goes wrong with my website.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics