Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cursor Problem - Can't Select or Change Anything

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a really weird problem. I just installed AC12, drew a whopping total of 5 walls and one door (which is hugely oversized and overlaps another wall, because I was braindead when I did it) - and now I can't do another thing in the model, even after restarting AC and rebooting the computer (my laptop).

When I open the file, everything looks fine, but the moment I try to do anything at all, the cursor turns into the hand/pan tool, and starts moving the whole model all over the screen. I can sort of select the door, and get the context menu that *ought* to allow me to change the properties or delete it, but selecting any of those options does nothing at all.

No matter what I try to do - either selecting an object, trying to delete it, trying to open the object, clicking anywhere else in the window, selecting other tools - the cursor remains stuck as a hand, moving things around, not allowing me to do anything at all.

After I created what model I already have, I did update the library and install Hotfix 4 (at least I thought I did). It was working fine before that. AC tells me my library is up to date, but it doesn't appear that the hotfix actually installed.

So, I figured, OK, I'll just do this project in AC10, since it at least used to work OK (I haven't used any AC at all for a couple of years). But bang - the same problem is showing up there before I even draw anything at all now! I'm trying to install Hotfix 5, but I'm having problems with that as well (see separate post).

If anyone can shed any light on this issue and help, I'd be very appreciative.

Wendy
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly ATI vid card.
Current drivers?
Henrique Cunha
Participant
It seems that I am having the same problem, I can not select or edit anything in the book of layouts. In Project I have no problem, but the layout seems that the cursor is frozen. Someone can help me? Thanks
AC13
OSX 10.5.8
2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 MHz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Henrique wrote:
It seems that I am having the same problem, I can not select or edit anything in the book of layouts. In Project I have no problem, but the layout seems that the cursor is frozen. Someone can help me? Thanks
In your case Henrique, you probably have grid snap turned on. The shortcut is 'S' and is easily pressed by accident!
Anonymous
Not applicable
A few people in our office have had the same issues with not being able to select or edit drawings on layout sheets or edit any text etc.

What was the solution?
Thomas Holm
Booster
r wrote:
A few people in our office have had the same issues with not being able to select or edit drawings on layout sheets or edit any text etc.

What was the solution?
As said before in this thread, press the S key on your keyboard once.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, I am having the same problem, but it is not the grid snap. are there any other solutions?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marika wrote:
hi, I am having the same problem, but it is not the grid snap. are there any other solutions?

you just have locked some layers, just klick ctrl+L then select all, and unlock all.