Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cursor issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK. We often have an issue where a user clicks the publisher set name and if available begins to edit the name of the set, or elements within. Now the flashing cursor gets stuck here and doesn't allow the user to click elsewhere.
It appears to the user their keyboard is broken, or they can't press escape, or they have trouble selecting something else. However, all that has happened is their cursor is stuck somewhere in the depths of the organiser/ publisher set.
Our company has 100+ people and I see this maybe 1-2 times per week. An annoying bug but I'd like to find an easier solution than closing AC. Even a workspace reload doesn't fix it.
2 REPLIES 2
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I haven't heard of anything like this before. The most efficient way to do this would be if you contacted your local support team. If that is not possible for some reason, let me know, and I will see what I can do.

Anyhow, what you would need to get in the first round is the following:
  • Please specify the circumstances of the issue: Which Operating System? Which ARCHICAD version? (also, which update - e.g. ARCHICAD 22 with update 6021), etc.
  • If you have a clear way of reproducing this, please write a detailed step-by-step description so we can also try to reproduce it ourselves. If there are any peculiarities (like it only happens in TeamWork, or it only happens when a certain palette is open, etc.), make sure to mention that.
  • Make a video of the issue, so it would be clear for us what we are looking for, and what is happening on the screen when this issue is happening.
  • After this happened, quit ARCHICAD, and get the Fastlogger Files. Send this to support along with the step-by-step and the video.
  • If it only happens with certain project files, send along the project as well.
If you get this package of info, support should be able to see where the issue might lie, and suggest you workarounds (As well as report it to the HQ, so that it would be fixed in the future).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, it's difficult to nail it down.
I'm yet to see it in the beta for AC23. Perhaps that's what I'll test today.
When I do save and close it the issue goes away.
This is what I want to avoid doing each time.
So I'll have to video the problem.