Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cursor size in relative construction methods

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

Me and my colleges use AC on WIN10 and have an annoying issue since one of AC20's halftime update (somewhere in 2017) and it goes on in AC21 and 22. It's a cursor size problem, something different from the 4K resoluton issue. In selection mode the cursor size is normal but when I start using any of the relative construction methods the cursor changes to an almost invisible size. Any idea?

Thanks,
Csaba

Windows 10
Intel Core i7-4790
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
I can confirm that the cursor does get smaller in 22 and I don't have a hi-res monitor at all.

Have you reported this to your local Graphisoft support team?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Hm. Even the constraint type icon gets smaller for parallel. The crosshair and icon are consistent for the other constraint types though. Still, the default crosshair size is rather small and unlike some of the other crosshair types for other interactions, it has no body and is only two thin lines...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
I can confirm that the cursor does get smaller in 22 and I don't have a hi-res monitor at all.

Have you reported this to your local Graphisoft support team?

Barry.

Yes, I have a few month ago. No answer yet...
For some reason we still work with AC17 too and the strangest thing is that there is no problem with the cursor size in AC17 at all. Very annoying.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello everyone,

This is a known issue (recorded as bug #236559). It is related to the issue with 4K screens and scaling that has been fixed for AC22, but not the same. As you can see when you start commands like this, you get a custom cursor that includes the cursor and the icon of the command.

Since apparently cursor sizes need to be fixed on Win10 (32x32 pixels), and these were originally created to be much bigger, they get shrunk to a 32x32 size, even though they are originally bigger. We are looking to redesign these cursors to avoid this in the future. Until then, unfortunately there's no way to avoid this behaviour.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Daniel,
Thank you for your response.
Bests,
Csaba
Barry Kelly
Just bumping this.
I have just checked in 24 and still no change.
It doesn't affect how anything works but my eyes are having a hard enough time as it is.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11