BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Custom installation AC22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
With AC21 we could create a custom install app with our work environment preference and our own template.
AC22 propose a different way with command lines. We've been able to make an installation on unattended mode, but we couldn't make the --customEnvironment works. We are supposed to install archicad 22 on several computers but if got to reinstall all our work environment and templates one by one, it's going to be a long process.
Does anyone have the same problem?
Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I am not sure which source you've found, but just to be on the safe side, you can find how the new installer works here:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76135
and here are the steps for creating an installer with your own custom Environment:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76141

Make sure that the installer and the custom items are at a location where they are available for all the computers when you start the installation.

If you were following those steps, but something went wrong, then please send me the following info in a Private Message, so that we can see what might go wrong here:
- What platform are you on? (macOS 10.13? Windows 10?)
- Where does the process fail? (the install goes through, but you don't get the custom items? Does the install fail to start with these settings? Do you get some kind of error message?)
- There are installation logs created by the installer in an Install.GS folder. Please empty the folder, run the installer again, and gather those logs for me. Here are some details about where you can find these logs:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76138

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. We postponed the installation of Archicad 22 as our server are still running on mac os 10.10 and couldn't install BIMcloud basic, so I don't have the logs anymore. Our workstations are on mac OS 12.6.
The install went through, but we didn't get the custom items. There wasn't any error message.
I'll send you the install logs when I can.

Why did Graphisoft change the process of making a custom install? It was a child game on AC21 : https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/64743/. Any chance it will be back in a later build?

Thanks again,
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Okay, let me know if you run into problems again!

The installers were reliant on Java, thus they could prove unreliable at times, and we also got a lot of reports about the remote installs being a huge pain. To address these issues we used rebuilt our installers with a different technology. Hopefully once you get a hang of it, it will be a child's game with the new installer too, but if you feel like something is missing/wrong, let your local distributor know, so that they can report it to HQ.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Finally we got what we wanted, a one-click app that installs AC with all our custom environment.

•The first step is to make a folder with your default settings here are the instruction : https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76141/

•Then you got to mount the archicad 22 disk image.

•And then you can open your terminal for a line of command.
I don't really understand what went wrong the first time, so here is the code I used :
/Volumes/ARCHICAD\ 22/Installateur\ ARCHICAD\ 22.app/Contents/MacOS/installbuilder.sh --mode unattended --desktopshortcut 0 --regionOption FRA --customEnvironment /Volumes/[…]/Défauts

"[…]" is the path to find your default folder. Also as a french company the folder's name is Défauts and we use a regional language option. It's available for Switzerland (replace FRA by SUI) and Spanish (SPA) and Latin America (LATAM).

The problem might have been that in the french version I didn't rename correctly the Défauts folder with the "é" or the path went wrong somewhere else. Be sure to use "--" and not "—"

Finally I made an app with Automator :

•get the finder element : AC22 disk image on your server
•mount the disk image
•script shell /bin/bash : command line

Now we can install AC22 in one click with all our templates, shortcuts, translators, etc…

Hope this will help some,

Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
NB : we placed aliases in our défauts folder, so the templates and translators are always up to date for everyone. The aliases are installed in the application folder of AC22, linked to the files up to date on our server.
Learn and get certified!