Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Setup & License forum

DDS CAD macOS

Hello,

Archicad is one of the few BIM solutions to benefit users of the macOS system. Archicad was born on macOS, a statue of Steve Jobs sits in Graphisoft Park !

Recently, Graphisoft has offered a new tool full of promise: DDS CAD. But no macOS version is available yet.

Despite my request to DDS CAD, I did not receive an answer on this subject.

Would you know more in this forum?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 26 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2015 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
5 REPLIES 5

I requested DDS-CAD by email a few days ago. DDS-CAD replied that this is not in the road map yet, but DDS-CAD have received many questions like mine.

Graphisoft has been a benchmark for collaboration for many years. I don't imagine that a Graphisoft solution can only respond to a fraction of its users.

The worst is that only macOS users need a solution like DDS-CAD for lack of an alternative solution on this system.

From my point of view, DDS-CAD misses its target.

Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

Lingwisyer
Legend

MEP focused software? Related to the MEP features that came with AC25?

Maybe 1 year is not long enough for them to analys how the program is written and how viable it would be to rewrite to make it macOS compatible?

AC22-23 AUS 7000
Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
Win10 | E5620 x 2 | 24GB | K2200 RIP PSU
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

SwedishChef
Booster

So...DDS-CAD is an independent product that was recently brought into Graphisoft. If they didn't have a macOS version before they were bought then I don't think they would have had time to write a macOS version in the short time that they have been part of the group.

DDS-CAD is also not meant to be an MEP-solution for people (read architects) that would normally use Archicad (there are MEP-tools for that) but it is a full MEP-solution for the MEP engineers. In time there will be even more integration with Archicad and in the meantime you can always use the free DDS-Viewer to check out DDS-files if you want 🙂

DELL Precision 5570
i7-12700H, 64 GB, RTX A2000 [8GB]
AC12 - future

Hello @SwedishChef,

"you can always use the free DDS-Viewer to check out DDS-files if you want 🙂"

I totally agree with your analysis but for DDS-Viewer it's no. No macOS version! And DDS-CAD confirms that it is not on their roadmap.

Christophe - FRANCE

Barry Kelly

I can't speak for Graphisoft.

But I got the feeling that DDS-CAD might not be integrated with Archicad.

However Graphisoft would be looking at using the technology in DDS-CAD to improve MEP capabilities in Archicad.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!