Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

DDS CAD macOS

Hello,

Archicad is one of the few BIM solutions to benefit users of the macOS system. Archicad was born on macOS, a statue of Steve Jobs sits in Graphisoft Park !

Recently, Graphisoft has offered a new tool full of promise: DDS CAD. But no macOS version is available yet.

Despite my request to DDS CAD, I did not receive an answer on this subject.

Would you know more in this forum?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
6 REPLIES 6

I requested DDS-CAD by email a few days ago. DDS-CAD replied that this is not in the road map yet, but DDS-CAD have received many questions like mine.

Graphisoft has been a benchmark for collaboration for many years. I don't imagine that a Graphisoft solution can only respond to a fraction of its users.

The worst is that only macOS users need a solution like DDS-CAD for lack of an alternative solution on this system.

From my point of view, DDS-CAD misses its target.

Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Lingwisyer
Guru

MEP focused software? Related to the MEP features that came with AC25?

Maybe 1 year is not long enough for them to analys how the program is written and how viable it would be to rewrite to make it macOS compatible?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

So...DDS-CAD is an independent product that was recently brought into Graphisoft. If they didn't have a macOS version before they were bought then I don't think they would have had time to write a macOS version in the short time that they have been part of the group.

DDS-CAD is also not meant to be an MEP-solution for people (read architects) that would normally use Archicad (there are MEP-tools for that) but it is a full MEP-solution for the MEP engineers. In time there will be even more integration with Archicad and in the meantime you can always use the free DDS-Viewer to check out DDS-files if you want 🙂

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future

Hello @Erik Bjornhage,

"you can always use the free DDS-Viewer to check out DDS-files if you want 🙂"

I totally agree with your analysis but for DDS-Viewer it's no. No macOS version! And DDS-CAD confirms that it is not on their roadmap.

Christophe - FRANCE

Barry Kelly

I can't speak for Graphisoft.

But I got the feeling that DDS-CAD might not be integrated with Archicad.

However Graphisoft would be looking at using the technology in DDS-CAD to improve MEP capabilities in Archicad.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend

Under the circumstances someone has been a bit quick locking this thread...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/DDS-CAD-macOS/m-p/354025

Given the complete farce that is the new AC27 MEP toolset, not only am I curious if DDS-Cad is coming to macOS, but if Graphisoft can provide any clarity on using it for collaboration or integration with AC.

Currently I can't even get an indication of cost for use on Windows.

I assume if the MEP toolset is (still) being rewritten that DDS won't be integrated unlike all the structural distractions? 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)