Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Degenerated polygons (slabs)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to find a couple of degenerated polygons within a model? It causes a error message.
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
use the marquee to define a section of the model and use the "Show selected/Marquee" command under the View menu to track it down.

Another option is to go story by story, selecting all the slabs in the story (select the slab icon first and do a command+A) and then use the "show selected…"
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume the error message would also give you an element ID. Do a find and select in the 3d window or separately on each floorplan for that particular ID and see what is highlighted.

Note that it is case sensitive and recognises spaces, so "SLA - 002" may find it, but "sla-002" would not. You may find more than one element with the same ID, but try deleting the most complex first and see if that stops the error. If not, undo and try the next.

As Eduardo says, also use the marquee to narrow down the area if there are lots to choose from.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes! It gave me a element ID (twice and the same). i didn't know what it was for.

Right now I cannot use your instructions as I was deleting unused elements and the error disappeared. But I'll try as soon I can generate a new element containing a degenerate polygon.
I like the method of find the faulty object by its object ID. That was exactly that I was looking for.
Thank you Peter and Eduardo for share your knowledge.
gm