Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Design windows on second monitor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Goodmorning forum,
after reading a post about what monitors/displays people are using, i've been wondering how can I have two different views showing, ie section / floor plan on different screens, I have two screen setup, 24" / 19", I usually have my palettes on the secondary screen and my main design window on the main display. I've tried having two windows open and trying to drag across displays like I'do with the tool palettes,but the program won't allow me.
Any tips?
Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think on Windows you have to enlarge your main ArchiCAD Window to stretch across both monitors. Then within the ArchiCAD Window you can place your Floor Plan and 3D and Section etc. Windows wherever you want.
But the pint is on Windows you cannot get Windows within the application outside the boundaries of the main ArchiCAD application Windows.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Goodmorning,
yes this actually "works" but I don't think it is useful in a day to day basis.
Too bad, because in my opinion it would be a very handy tool to have, switching views is very time consuming and "mistake enabling"
Cheers!
Barry Kelly
Even if you do have a floor plan on one screen and a section, elevation or 3D on another screen they won't both update at the same time.
Only the window you are currently working in will update.
You will have to physically mouse click in the other window to activate it and make it update.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Goodmorning Barry,
I don't think that would be much of a problem, it's something I could live with,
did anyone try to have active windows beyond the border of the screen with AC18?
Barry Kelly
As Laszlo mentioned you can't have floor plans elevations, sections or 3D window beyond the limits of the main Archicad window.
Other palettes can be moved to other screens outside the limits of the main Archicad window but not the model windows.

If you want the model windows on a second screen then you have to stretch the main Archicad window across both screens then make you model windows so they are not full screen and place them where you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the answer Barry. Too bad it cannot be done