Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Difficilty installing Archicad 14- installer doesn't show

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been trying to install Archicad 14- 64 bit. I have been running A14-32 on this system for a long time. I know my computer is able to run the program (windows 7, 8g RAM, proper video card, enough memory, etc.). I am able to download the program. It shows up as an .exe file. The file is not corrupted. When I click on the program, it states that it needs to extract the file and then the install wizard will start. I can see that it starts to extract but then the installer never shows. I read in another place that the problem may be my java program and I uninstalled that and rebooted. I am running the educational version so I do not have any CDs, it is just a download. I also have uninstalled the 32 bit version already. Does anyone have any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
GAG
Advocate
In 64-bit OS you need to install two Java runtime versions: for 32 and 64 bit respectively. 32-bit version for 32-bit apps (incl. browsers) and 64-bit for 64-bit apps, obviously.

Download Java:

Java Downloads for All Operating Systems
java.com/download/manual.jsp

Standalone installers:
Windows 64: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=49026
Windows 32: http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=49024
George
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick response. I installed both Java versions and restarted. The same thing happens, it appears to be extracting the file but the installer wizard never starts. Any other suggestions?
GAG
Advocate
If you run installer from remote (network) disk, copy installer to local disk before.
When you unpack installer, uncheck option to delete extracted files and specify output folder. Then run installer (setup.exe) from that folder directly.
You may also check process list (using task manager) to verify if installer launched OK. In addition, check memory and CPU usage by installer to verify that it's executing and performing some tasks.
George
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I appreciate your help.