Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Dimension Frustration

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been reading through the reference guide, searching the help menu and searching the forum history and I'm not getting any closer to a solution! I'm trying to dimension to the center of 3 windows along one wall.

I've tried placing the dimensions manually but I can't get them to snap to the centers of the windows. Any suggestions on what setting i have wrong or what technique works?

I've tried selecting the wall and placing automatic exterior dim string. It gives me all of my dimensions to the centers but it also dimension the core of my wall that corners with the window wall. I want to delete the 3 1/2" dimension (that shows up on both automatic strings) but I can't seem to delete it without deleting the entire string. Any direction on how to delete a piece of a string without killing the whole string?
14 REPLIES 14
Brad Elliott
Booster
Select the node only. Either where the marker intersects the witness line or the node on the dimension line centered between the two witness lines. Then delete this node.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's part of my problem. I can't select just one dim. I can select the node where the hatch meets the leader line but the whole string highlights (and therefore delete's) Any suggestions on how to select just the one dimension?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it to work by selecting the middle node on one of my larger dims but I can't zoom in enough or get close enough to snap the middle node on the little dimesions such as my 3 1/2" ones. Any ideas?
Brad Elliott
Booster
I can't imagine why you can't zoom in far enough to select the center node on the 3 1/2" dimension. What scale are you working at?

Try to use the selection arrow instead of the dimension tool to select a node.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Djordje
Ace
Is your snap maybe on?

You should see check marks at each node, in the middle of the dim line, and at the insertion point of the dim text. If you see a mercedes cursor, you are on the dim line and can select only the dim line.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working at 1/8th scale. I'm really thinking its a problem with a setting somewhere. I can delete the 3 1/2" dims on the interior of the house but no matter what I can't delete the exterior ones and I've got 9 of them I've been attempting on. Should you be able to delete them even when you use the automatic exterior dimensions?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I never see check marks. Which snap function should I be turning off?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I never see check marks.
I need to adjust that statement. I DO see check marks on my interior dimensions. So why not the exterior?
Djordje
Ace
Hm ...

Now this is a different problem. It might be the snap, it might be your video driver.

Do you have trouble with checkmarks in general, or only on the dimensions? Did you try with the True line weight off?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen