BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Dimension issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 16 doesn´t seem to recognize decimals anymore. For example if I set an offset of an object at 3.50 meters it shows at 3.00 meters. Same with new objects, like columns, the default is 0.30x0.30 and if I try to set it to 0.20x0.30 the 0.20 will turn into 0.00 meters. The program didn´t show this issue yesterday.
Help me please! I´m desperate and I can not continue working on this project like this.
Help will be much appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Have a look in the OPTIONS menu > Project Preferences.

There you can set the "Working Units" for the units and precision that you want to use when placing elements.
Also you will find "Dimensions..." which allows you to set the unit and precision you see in dimensions.

You can work in one unit and dimension in another that is completely different if you want to.

With the dimension units you can save them as a dimension scheme that you can choose in the Quick Options palette.
This way you can set up various schemes and quickly change between them.
The dimension schemes are saved with each view in the View Map so effectively you could have 2 or more views of the same floor plan showing different dimension units.

It sounds like you have accidentally chosen a different dimension scheme.

You also have "Calculation units & Rules" which is the units that your schedule will display.

All 3 preferences can be set to the same or different units.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!