BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Dimensions in Profile Manager Crash Archicad 24 Build 4018 INT

Takis
Expert
Hi,
I am having crash of Archicad with the Dimensions Tool in Profile Manager.
To reproduce the problem open Profile Manager and make a new profile, then draw a line or a fill and place dimensions or angle dimension.

The crash occurs only with AC24 Build 4018.

AC24 Build 3022 works fine.

(MAcPro 2013 - Windows 10x64 on Bootcamp)

Thanks,
Takis.
12 REPLIES 12
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
HI Takis,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention!

I tried to reproduce the issue based on the steps described on Windows 10, but failed to make Archicad crash. I'm wondering if you have a bugID from the Bug Reporter after Archicad crashes? Could you please send it to me? One more thing, a small video showing how the crash happens would be a big help for our investigation!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Takis
Expert
Dear Minh hi, please find below the bug ID for the crash:

AC24-2021-03-19-11-02-38-3688

I will also send the video in a few minutes.

Takis
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Takis,

I'm wondering if the video is ready yet? I have sent you a special link via Private Message to upload it. Please let me know when the video is ready, or if there is anything I can help with!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Takis
Expert
Dear Minh hi,
I have sent you the video, a photo and my template the same day and I have sent you a message that I have uploaded the files. I don't this message in our private conversation, something must have happened but anyway I have uploaded the files a few days ago.
Can you please check if you have them? Otherwise I will upload them again.

Best Regards,

Takis
Takis
Expert
Dear Minh hi, I have sent you private messages, the files have been uploaded again now.

BR

Takis
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Takis,

I am very sorry for my mistake! Seem like my cloud folder was not updated, after a restart the files now appeared.

It seems like there was something wrong with the given template, as I was unable to reproduce this issue on a brand new file. Let me open a case with the development team for further investigation. As soon as I have any news I will let you know!

Thank you very much for your help, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Takis,

Our developer has looked into the problem and it turned out to be a known bug, registered as DEF-2839. The target for fixing is in Update 4 for Archicad 24. Unfortunately, we don't have a workaround in this case.

Once again, I am very sorry for the problem that this issue is causing. Thank you very much for your understanding! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Takis
Expert
Dear Minh, the problem is actually happening in update 4018 of Archicad 24.
In update 3022 there is no problem with this function.

You mean there will be another update 4xxx which will include this fixing?

Best Regards,

Takis.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Takis,

I guess the number we use is a bit confusing Update 3 has build number 5000. Since this is a recently found defect, we were unable to include a fix in this build before the final release. Thus, the fix will be available in Update 4, build number 6xxx.

I hope this answers your question!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!