Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Disappearing Toolbars & random unresponsive mouse clicks (ArchiCAD 23)

Jesse Davidson
Contributor
Issue 1)
Anyone else having issues with their toolbars disappearing mysteriously? I have to either quit and restart ArchiCAD, or "hide Palettes and Toolbars" and then click again on "Show Palettes and Toolbars" for them to reappear again.

Even if I go into toolbars and un-select and re-select the toolbars it won't show them. I haven't figured out what is causing it but its usually after I switch windows to a different application, come back and they're gone (but only sometimes).

Issue 2)
When I select a dimension to input Custom Text instead of the Measured Value, it often won't let me click straight into the content text box. If I click into the Text Pen or any other field it lets me, and then will subsequently let me click into the content box but I cannot click directly into the content after selecting Custom Text. Is this intended or anyone else getting this issue?

Issue 3)
Often my mouse will cause me to not be able to select anything while viewing the model in 3d after zooming in or panning around. Its as if the tool is staying active even after I stop holding my buttons down on the mouse
ArchiCAD 24 Full
15" Macbook Pro (2018), OSX 10.15.7
2.6 GHz Intel Core I7, 32GB DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB[/size]
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesse,

To me all looks to be a graphics driver issue, is your OS up to date? If you were on windows I’d say to download the latest drivers for your graphics card but I can see you’re in Mac

Regards
Scott
Jesse Davidson
Contributor
sboydturner wrote:
Jesse,

To me all looks to be a graphics driver issue, is your OS up to date? If you were on windows I’d say to download the latest drivers for your graphics card but I can see you’re in Mac

Regards
Scott
Hey Scott, I would agree, it seems to be a driver issue but everything is showing its up to date.

Anyone else have some thoughts?
ArchiCAD 24 Full
15" Macbook Pro (2018), OSX 10.15.7
2.6 GHz Intel Core I7, 32GB DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB[/size]
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your questions and I am very sorry about the issues!

I'll try to answer each of them one by one:

1. This is definitely a rare issue! One colleague of mine suggested that the Twinmotion add-on can cause this. I'm wondering if you have the add-on installed? If not, it would be very helpful if you can record a small video of the issue when it happens? Do you have any external screen connected?

2. Unfortunately, this is also a rare one I found one record that is similar to this, but there was no answer from the client to confirm our suggestion. Could you please record another short video about this? I tested on Windows 10 and macOS Mojave, but this does not happen to me.

3. Have you tried using another mouse? It may sound silly, but the mouse latency can also contribute to this issue. Or, if the model is very big, your laptop may need some seconds to process the information visible on the screen.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh.

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has issue number 1 been solved??

My toolbars keep disappearing and the only way to get them back is to 'Hide palettes & toolbars' and then show them.
I am getting this issue in both AC23 & AC24.
I have Twinmotion2020 installed on my iMac. I can't confirm if Twinmotion was the starting point as i hadn't used AC23 or AC24 on this computer before installing Twinmotion.
rjwilden
Booster
Yes have been getting random strange events in V24 . Every now and again navigator will disappear. Have to go to Work environment to get it back. Also clicking on a view in navigator has no effect, sometimes takes 2-3 goes before it sends you to the selection. Doesn't happen often enough to get help. Still getting projects crashing. Always caused by a different action. Cant pin it down. Not as bad as V23 which became almost unusable with crashing.
It is my opinion there is a major problem with Archicad and Catalina. Have been trying to sort it with Central Innovation, but takes a huge amount of time collecting data and answering questions. Im a bit over it to be fair!!!
Got work to do.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
BekkyE wrote:
Has issue number 1 been solved??

My toolbars keep disappearing and the only way to get them back is to 'Hide palettes & toolbars' and then show them.
I am getting this issue in both AC23 & AC24.
I have Twinmotion2020 installed on my iMac. I can't confirm if Twinmotion was the starting point as i hadn't used AC23 or AC24 on this computer before installing Twinmotion.
Hi,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, we were unable to get to the bottom of this yet. From our database, I learned that hiding the Directlink palette should be enough to avoid the issue, instead of completely remove Twinmotion.

If this does not help, could you please collect the [urlhttps://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/63116/]FastLoggers? The best way to do this is to close Archicad, clear the Fastlogger folder (but make sure to do a backup) and then reproduce the issue, close AC again and collect the log generated from this event.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
rjwilden wrote:
Yes have been getting random strange events in V24 . Every now and again navigator will disappear. Have to go to Work environment to get it back. Also clicking on a view in navigator has no effect, sometimes takes 2-3 goes before it sends you to the selection. Doesn't happen often enough to get help. Still getting projects crashing. Always caused by a different action. Cant pin it down. Not as bad as V23 which became almost unusable with crashing.
It is my opinion there is a major problem with Archicad and Catalina. Have been trying to sort it with Central Innovation, but takes a huge amount of time collecting data and answering questions. Im a bit over it to be fair!!!
Got work to do.
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

I can confirm that currently there is an issue with AC23 and Catalina. Unfortunately, this may happen with AC24 as well, as we are unable to identify to root of this issue.

In short, this is a so called "heap corruption". This type of crashes are very very hard to determine, as it just randomly happens without any reasons, way to reproduce or hardware specific. Previously, we were unable to reproduce it in-house, and had to rely on the reports coming from the field in order to figure out what's happening. Luckily, an iMac in the HQ is also demonstrating this issue, therefore, we are actively working on locating the problem and try to fix it as soon as possible.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT