Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Disappearing panels in slanted railings

Mike96
Advocate
I have a railing that follows a curved baseline.
It renders fine when it's vertical but if slanting is different from 90 degrees, some panels disappear.
I assume this is due to limited capabilities of algorithm that shapes the panels, yet it really should be improved because now it's impossible to generate a slanted railing with arched baseline.

Here's the model:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ikk-M6nAwNmjb2pvAzon6ASkQ-LB-A3N/view?usp=sharing
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend
While I don't say you're wrong.... but do you even have a manufacturer for that?
Like in real life?
Also that's probably quite costly.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Lingwisyer
Guru
The default panel might just be an extrusion along the bottom edge. If so, slanting it would make the top edge intersect itself which creates an invalid polygon, hence it does not generate. As an option, you might be able to insert custom panels into those locations.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Mike96
Advocate
Runxel, while I don't say it's quite standard example of railing... there are crazier things being built.
Take the architecture of Zaha Hadid as an example

Lingwisyer, thanks for the suggestion
ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on this matter!

As I can see, it's a limitation to the Railing tool since its release. I have entered it as a request in our database (please refer to it as DEF-4583). Hopefully, our developers will be able to correct it soon!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT