BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Does 14 work in Windows 8?

Dave Brach
Advocate
I know that Graphisoft does not support version 14 with Windows 8, but they say that it "may" work. Well, it does not open on my new laptop running Windows8--just hangs there trying to open as if the WIBU key were not installed but with no message. I was wondering if anybody else has been able to get 14 to run with Windows 8. Obviously I can upgrade, and I will at some point, just not ready to right now.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you install Windows 7? Even if you have to buy it* it's a lot less than the upgrade for now. I'm one of those who never upgrades Windows until after the first service pack so I know next to nothing about Win8 at this point.

* If you do, look on line for an OEM copy. They're legit copies sold to custom system builders fro well below retail. It's a bit of a grey area but I've done it for my various Boot Camp and VM installs with no blowback from MS. (I'll be damned if I'm going to pay full retail for each and every copy of Windows I'm running on one physical machine.)
Gorazd
Booster
I am occasionally running AC14 with no problem on win 8. And I know some others that do too.
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Your signature says that You use laptop with crapy optimus by Nvidia - if it is true for the win8 laptop You try - it may be the problem - try disabling it.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Learn and get certified!