Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Don't move past the 1010 patch/hotfix

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would recommend that users to not update past the 1010 patch. There seems to be several issues related to the subsequent updates. I have had to re-install Archicad and only update to the 1010 version. I currently have copies of both an up to date 1183 version and a 1010 installed so I have a testing ground before I move forward. Up to now I had been assuming the patch was an improvement.
19 REPLIES 19
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Can you give a synopsis of the trouble?

I seem to have run into a scheduling bug with Zones.... where zones on completely different stories interfere with another stories zones in a window or door schedule....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Brad Elliott
Booster
The zones problem has been around since the beginning of 10 and was supposedly fixed with the last update. I have had erratic success since then.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Brad wrote:
The zones problem has been around since the beginning of 10 and was supposedly fixed with the last update. I have had erratic success since then.
Interesting.... I have schedules from a project done in 1010 that were perfect.... After upgrading to 1183, this problem showed up! Most of my houses are single story, so I might not have noticed before?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
The two problems I have seen are as follows.

Certain PDF files when placed on a layout will not output if there overall size is greater than the printable area. Cropping the PDF on the sheet does not fix this and the only solution is to resize the PDF or increase your printable area. Related to this is a particular file I have that does not pick up the sheet sized of the layout in PDF output.

The second issue I have seen is more minor, but an annoyance. Text selection nodes seemed to have changed position and I have had some other anomalies related to text. This was with the 1176 patch and can't speak for the 1183 patch on this issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mike,
In an office that uses both PPC and Mactels the 1183 build was very helpful. Previously the fonts would change size when opeing the file from the different platforms. Now the problem is fixed! If you don't have the dual platforms running, then maybe it's not worth it, as you say.
TomWaltz
Participant
I'm on 1183 now (both PPC and MacIntel), and it seems to be running fine.
Tom Waltz
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Tom or Melissa,

Could you try the following...

1. Create a fresh plan with 2 stories
2. Place walls (just 4), a couple of doors and a zone on floor 1
3. Copy all to floor 2, change the door numbers and zone name/no.
4. Run a quick schedule that looks at doors w/ TO ROOM (or FROM ROOM) as one of the schedule items

Upon doing this, I get either just the 2nd floor with no room names or the entire schedule with no room names.

If this happens, move the 2nd floor wall away from the first floor walls and look at the schedule again...

Should take just a couple of minutes and would be a big help in trying to diagnose this for me.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is definitely something happening to text in the 1183 update. It caused all my text (Arial Narrow) to reduce it's spacing width. I had to go back to 1010 to fix the problem.

I had noticed there were some text anomalies in early builds. Maybe this fix was trying to correct this.

I also experienced issues with printing multi-page PDFs placed on layouts. I had to re-save the PDF in Preview as a single page for it to work.

Update to 1183 with extreme caution.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Melisa wrote:
Hi Mike,
In an office that uses both PPC and Mactels the 1183 build was very helpful. Previously the fonts would change size when opeing the file from the different platforms. Now the problem is fixed! If you don't have the dual platforms running, then maybe it's not worth it, as you say.
I have recently noticed all my text changing from Arial Narrow to Tahoma.... Could this have been related? VERY FRUSTRATING..
Duane

Visual Frontiers