Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Don't move past the 1010 patch/hotfix

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would recommend that users to not update past the 1010 patch. There seems to be several issues related to the subsequent updates. I have had to re-install Archicad and only update to the 1010 version. I currently have copies of both an up to date 1183 version and a 1010 installed so I have a testing ground before I move forward. Up to now I had been assuming the patch was an improvement.
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:
I have recently noticed all my text changing from Arial Narrow to Tahoma.... Could this have been related? VERY FRUSTRATING..
I am sure it is related to the 1183 hotfix. Text was fine for me before the 1183 fix. Upgraded to 1183 and it effected text on every single project. I went back to 1010 and everything went back to normal.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sam66 wrote:
I am sure it is related to the 1183 hotfix. Text was fine for me before the 1183 fix. Upgraded to 1183 and it effected text on every single project. I went back to 1010 and everything went back to normal.
I noticed you are on an intel Mac. What you are likely experiencing is the text is finally displaying correctly. Up until the recent patch, the text spacing appeared different on the Intel Macs than it did on the PPC Mac and Windows platform. This made changing platforms with the same file next to impossible. I was working on an Intel Mac while my computer was in the shop and I had to ignore anything that had to do with text spacing until I got my computer back from the shop.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mike wrote:
I noticed you are on an intel Mac. What you are likely experiencing is the text is finally displaying correctly. Up until the recent patch, the text spacing appeared different on the Intel Macs than it did on the PPC Mac and Windows platform. This made changing platforms with the same file next to impossible. I was working on an Intel Mac while my computer was in the shop and I had to ignore anything that had to do with text spacing until I got my computer back from the shop.
I had noticed that there were some text anomalies in early builds when I moved to the MacBook Pro and 1183 did fix these. The problem is I have a years work spanning many projects on the intel mac platform that I continue to work on. I can't just upgrade and go back and fix the text on each project. Very time consuming.

I will have to stay on 1010 for quite a while yet.
I've noticed that the latest fix has some OpenGL issues. When I marquee an area in a 3D window and do a CTRL-C copy, the whole window goes black. (Pastes black, too.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Duane,
Tried exactly as you asked on a PPC G5 OSX 10.3.9 with the 1183 build and it works fine. I can try it on my PC tonight at home.
Anonymous
Not applicable
great I just got problems today with arial narrow. I have had build 1183 for a while now. Has anyone had any feedback from Graphisoft?
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Duane,

I also tried your steps to find that 1183 works as expected. In fact, this area got a fix in 1183, and according to my tests, it works fine.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
sam66 wrote:
Don't do that. Even though it is a tedious job to fix all text, the longer you avoid this, the more work you will have later on. The problem was not just the difference between PPC and Intel Macs. IntelMAC did not display the text with the settings you have specified. It got spacing and font size wrong. This was a result of a bad function in the OS that we had to circumvent in the latest Hotfix
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
sam66 wrote:

Don't do that. Even though it is a tedious job to fix all text, the longer you avoid this, the more work you will have later on. The problem was not just the difference between PPC and Intel Macs. IntelMAC did not display the text with the settings you have specified. It got spacing and font size wrong. This was a result of a bad function in the OS that we had to circumvent in the latest Hotfix

Who should I bill, Graphisoft or Apple? Because it would take days to go through my current projects and change all the text.

It is not as simple as selecting the text and it corrects itself. It changes alignment, leading and spacing, especially with multi-line text blocks. This all has to be corrected, which is extremely time consuming.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Due to the latest hotfix, ArchiCAD 10 projects started acting very strange.
1. Many OpenGL issues : no 3D window in OpenGL available, black window or automatic switch to internal engine or very slow or crash or...
2. Regenerating elevations took me 10 minutes (before seconds), even for adjusting a simple sill or pen color in 3DA!
3. Most annoying, I couldn't modify vectorial hatches within materials without crashes. Every project, every attempt!

Back to version 987 and everything works fine again. Still I would like Graphisoft to offer all the patches of the latest ArchiCAD version on there server to avoid this waste of time. I cannot reach patch 1010 wich worked perfect for me!