Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
The doors are extruded and i can not change the height of them. I can only see them if I change the projection option in 2D. But in 3D it is not working (see pic.)

door.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
alpcaliskanturk:

It looks like the Doors are not positioned in the Wall (if that is the host Wall shown in your screen shot). Check the Anchor point of the Door under Door Settings > Preview and Positioning.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your comment. I just checked the Anchor point and tried every option, still not working. If i try to select the door in 3D view, it select the whole wall.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
alpcaliskanturk wrote:
I just checked the Anchor point and tried every option, still not working.
I would see if the Wall and Door have the same Home Story, then try anchoring the Door to the base of the Wall.
alpcaliskanturk wrote:
If i try to select the door in 3D view, it select the whole wall.
I cannot reproduce this, so there may be a deeper problem with the elements. It may be best to redraw the Wall and add the Doors.

Thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14