BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Doors above GFL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another simple quesion, I've been trying to create a door at FFL but every time i do this it appears at GFL? how do i change this?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The door starting height is always relative to an anchor level. Check the anchor story or level and the related distance to it (The figure underneath). You have probably set it to the wrong story, or the wrong height to the correct story!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Peter, How would you like to become my mentor?.. On a serious note, if you would like to do some work then please let me know.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I changed the anchor point but it won't select the wall that i want to when trying to put in a door? instead it selects the exterior wall at FFL..!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
How would you like to become my mentor?..
Sure, my going rate is measured in biscuits per hour. I'm sure we could come to an arrangement! By the way, where in the country are you based?
it won't select the wall that i want to when trying to put in a door? instead it selects the exterior wall at FFL..!!
If there are several walls on the same point as you are trying to place your door, after the first click to select your base point, move your mouse to visually indicate which wall you want to place it in. You will see a blank opening on plan flicking between the different walls. Click again to select the correct one.

Does that help, or is it a different problem?

Also I have noticed in order to update the settings of the anchor story/level you have to close the settings box and go back in to double check. I don't know why it does this, but it is annoying!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in sunny Manchester. And biscuits are on me, not a problem.
Learn and get certified!